December 2018 Acquisitions

Just arrived today from across the pond. An outstanding replacement walnut handle for my Schick G1, and Jayaruh #289 brush made by Jim Roe aka Jayaruh, along with a cake of Williams mug soap.

A Wonderful assortment of brilliantness...I've only recently over the last few months re-introduced myself to Williams..I've found a five minute soak in hot water, then rubbed directly into my stubble, like a shave stick then loaded up with a damp synthetic brush, has created a wonderful protective lather, adding water to the brush in-between each pass,,Superb stuff..That brush is a cracker!.Regards B. :)

A Wonderful assortment of brilliantness...I've only recently over the last few months re-introduced myself to Williams..I've found a five minute soak in hot water, then rubbed directly into my stubble, like a shave stick then loaded up with a damp synthetic brush, has created a wonderful protective lather, adding water to the brush in-between each pass,,Superb stuff..That brush is a cracker!.Regards B. :)
Thank you. The razor and brush will be treasured as they are now quite unique. The Williams is work in progress, as my results so far have been average.

Thank you. The razor and brush will be treasured as they are now quite unique. The Williams is work in progress, as my results so far have been average.
Effort and patience are required with the williams, I find once you get passed the airy / bubbly stage your rewarded with a more than average slick lather...The razor & brush are something to be treasured.

Yesterday's Take:

From left to right:

Gillette 1970 (P4) Knack, with Case, Spoiler Blades (10) and Dispensing Cartridge
Gillette 1956 (B4) Red Tip
Gillette Late 1940's SS
Gillette Late 1940's SS
GEM "G Bar"

Attachments

Last edited:
So when I first got into DE shaving, I purchased myself a Simpsons brush. I thought I’d treat myself and buy another brush. After much research, I decided to buy the RazoRock Big Bruce. Received it today and found it almost comically enormous. I’ve decided to buy the slightly smaller ‘Bruce’ and see how I go with that!

I checked the dimensions of my Simpsons brush and it’s an 18mm knot. The Big Bruce is 26mm so I’m guessing after being so used to the Simpsons brush, I’m finding the BB comically large.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when I first got into DE shaving, I purchased myself a Simpsons brush. I thought I’d treat myself and buy another brush. After much research, I decided to buy the RazoRock Big Bruce. Received it today and found it almost comically enormous. I’ve decided to buy the slightly smaller ‘Bruce’ and see how I go with that!

I checked the dimensions of my Simpsons brush and it’s an 18mm knot. The Big Bruce is 26mm so I’m guessing after being so used to the Simpsons brush, I’m finding the BB comically large.. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’ve only ever used 23-24mm brushes apart from the time I ordered the 26 Big Bruce. I felt exactly the same, it seemed almost ridiculously big to me, and felt like wiping a mop across my face. It covered the face extremely quickly but seemed to take longer to rinse out. I too got the 24 Bruce & sold the big one. 24mm seems perfect to me, I don’t get the appeal of bigger knots at all

Really like the hourglass handle shape with no horizontal ridges across it. The fibres do ‘donut’ a bit whilst lathering. This seems to bother some people but it’s only cosmetic, I don’t see that it prevents me getting good lather at all. Nice brush at a fair price. The difference in tip softness is probably marginal but I wish they’d do the BC Silvertip knots in the Bruce handle, not just the barber handle