Dating a 1912 Ever Ready SE

Whilst they seem to be going cheap, I thought I'd pick up an SE for future use. It arrived today and is in beautiful condition. Not bad for £5!

I'm trying to date the razor. It's a USA made 1912. Information I've found to date suggests it's likely to be between 1930 and 1934.

If anyone knows any more on these things, I'd love to hear your opinion on it.
bb978cedc313134af2b0112a9e927cb5.jpg
7fac1118acbcc8d08a25ed11e40cb1c7.jpg
b1a0ae1abae0b79256550f30abbec007.jpg
c3f7ab4ee3b3e0b0aa07a38d1636e24e.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

This is very interesting. :)
Thanks for sharing.
I made a personal guide with patents in chronological order.
Where there was an absence of patents with the dates, I inserted the newspaper ads or magazines with the dates, pages and names of the older newspaper or magazine, where, for example, there was an announcement of the market launch of the equipment.
Too bad the file got too big (110 pages) and I had to split it into 5 parts. grrrrr
So I posted the images on my blog so I could always have the basic information available where I was.

Here the Part II with with patents in chronological order.

I love the look of many of these razors and have had a few English 1912s in my time but apart from lusting after their aesthetics and the wonderful, audible feedback, I could just never get to grips with them despite trying really hard. I wanted to love them for their shave but alas, t'was not be.....

This is very interesting. :)
Thanks for sharing.
I made a personal guide with patents in chronological order.
Where there was an absence of patents with the dates, I inserted the newspaper ads or magazines with the dates, pages and names of the older newspaper or magazine, where, for example, there was an announcement of the market launch of the equipment.
Too bad the file got too big (110 pages) and I had to split it into 5 parts. grrrrr
So I posted the images on my blog so I could always have the basic information available where I was.

Here the Part II with with patents in chronological order.

Looks very interesting. Shame it's only small images of your pages.

Back
Top Bottom