Cows Milk

I am a lover of cows milk. I have decided to get farm delivered Jersey cows milk. Considering there are probably ten types or more version of cows milk, what do you prefer?

Labeled as Cows Milk as certain people think that Asparagus or Lentils mixed with water and chemicals is milk...

I am a lover of cows milk. I have decided to get farm delivered Jersey cows milk. Considering there are probably ten types or more version of cows milk, what do you prefer?

Labeled as Cows Milk as certain people think that Asparagus or Lentils mixed with water and chemicals is milk...

We get 5 pints of semi skinned delivered every week, and one pint of gold top. The gold top is meant to be mine, but somehow it disappears really quickly, and (that's) with one Fruit of Loin who allegedly only consumes soya or almond milk...

hey mate seriously ten types? wow!!! i genuinely thought it was just the one

well i tried raw cows milk for the first time last jan/feb time earlier this year, it was tasty and delicious but i only had a bit tbh to try it out

i want to start having raw cows milk but livingin a big city (birmingham) im not sure how to go around arranging it tbh

i remember when the milk man used to do the run when i was a small kid living in a small town in lancashire,
they used to just drop off the milk bottles on your doorstep, seems like such a life time ago now

talking about milk i really want to try out camels milk as well as camel meat,
when i went saudi arabia for umrah (minor pilgrimage) i really want to have camel milk and camel meat,
i did have a chance to have a camel meat burger but i was so tried and knackered i couldnt bring myself to get out of the hotel room lol

ohhh yea in regards to camel milk forgot to mention that asda sells them,
however i think its only sold online because every local store ive tried and my local stores are big they never seem to have it

When I was a child, we only had three types of milk:
Gold Top
Homogenized
Normal

Now we have standard, filtered, Lactofree, A2 and Organic in Whole, Semi Skimmed and Skimmed. We also have One percent milk, One percent with Protein, BOB - filtered skimmed with Protein. Big milk, whole milk with Vitamins. Even Gold Top comes as Whole and Smooth, and there is Whole and Semi with Cream. Last but not least the Raw milk mentioned above. Probably a lot more than ten.

You can now get more breed specific milk. Gold Top is from Jersey and Guernsey herds, but you can now get Ayrshire and Brown Swiss milk too.

Last edited:
When I was a child, we only had three types of milk:
Gold Top
Homogenized
Normal

Now we have standard, filtered, Lactofree, A2 and Organic in Whole, Semi Skimmed and Skimmed. We also have One percent milk, One percent with Protein, BOB - filtered skimmed with Protein. Big milk, whole milk with Vitamins. Even Gold Top comes as Whole and Smooth, and there is Whole and Semi with Cream. Last but not least the Raw milk mentioned above. Probably a lot more than ten.

You can now get more breed specific milk. Gold Top is from Jersey and Guernsey herds, but you can now get Ayrshire and Brown Swiss milk too.
cool where in the uk you based? rural area or a city?

i assume maybe location might determine what types of milk is available

Living in the sticks has its benefits ;)

We buy our milk directly from the local dairy farmer who is conveniently 2 miles walk away at the other end of the village. It's full fat, organic and unhomogenised... At £2.40 per 4 pints it might be considered expensive compared to supermarket offerings but the flavour is incomparable and the farmer receives every penny they earnt, tax and middle man free.

If you must buy it from a supermarket the best I've found (and I've tried them all) is Waitrose Duchy milk which is also organic and unhomogenised, proper milk is worth the premium (y)

Saj, I would have thought that in England's Second City there would be no problem getting a milkman and most varieties of milk?

I'd have to ask SWMBO to be certain, but I think “my” pint of Jersey costs about 90p. Less than a quid for sure.
I am in the Northern Capital of York. Manchester and Birmingham lay claim to the Second City. But we still have several milk rounds. I will order direct from the farm on the city's outskirts. York actually is quite small.

I haven't ordered yet...

Saj, I would have thought that in England's Second City there would be no problem getting a milkman and most varieties of milk?

I'd have to ask SWMBO to be certain, but I think “my” pint of Jersey costs about 90p. Less than a quid for sure.
thanks, never seen that site before ill check it out

you must be able to get raw milk from your sides of the world in wigan

btw @Rob998 im originally a lancashire lad, you know of nelson, near burnley and blackburn?

thanks, never seen that site before ill check it out

you must be able to get raw milk from your sides of the world in wigan

btw @Rob998 im originally a lancashire lad, you know of nelson, near burnley and blackburn?

I do know Nelson mate. One of my old biking mates lived in Lancaster Gate. I think the value of the Ducatis and MV Agustas in his garage was more than his house was worth.

I do know Nelson mate. One of my old biking mates lived in Lancaster Gate. I think the value of the Ducatis and MV Agustas in his garage was more than his house was worth.
That's Nelson for you lol

The car parks bigger then the town centre lol

Back
Top Bottom