Cost of shaving

So after my brand new Cartridge razor blades seemed to feel exactly like the ones I had used and thrown away. I decided that DE razors looked like the way to go. No plastic waste, great shave and cheaper blades. Save the environment, save money and get a better shave.
I now have NINE razors eight of which are vintage (saving the planet). I have around 60 blades left from fifteen different types of blades. And get better shaves.
Not counting soaps and my brush which I was using anyway. My current cost per shave is £2.07 per shave.
To quote Meatloaf "Two out of three aint bad"

If I had stopped at one razor it would have been £0.15 per shave to date :D
RAD is done.

So after my brand new Cartridge razor blades seemed to feel exactly like the ones I had used and thrown away. I decided that DE razors looked like the way to go. No plastic waste, great shave and cheaper blades. Save the environment, save money and get a better shave.
I now have NINE razors eight of which are vintage (saving the planet). I have around 60 blades left from fifteen different types of blades. And get better shaves.
Not counting soaps and my brush which I was using anyway. My current cost per shave is £2.07 per shave.

RAD is done.
You may want to try and measure it in smiles per shave and it feels a whole lot better! :) P.

RAD is done.

60 blades? Is that it?

My collection of blades is large enough to have become sentient and probably has at least 60 blades to use for itself.

It's so large the Chinese have levied an embargo against you. :D

Ha ha! I imagine LeBron James will be addressing the situation on Twitter 'We Don't know the facts, but China are right to impose sanctions on donnie_arko's trade with blade manufacturers'. (any South Park fans btw?)

FTR, my blade collection isn't as enormous as some others I've come across here I've seen guys here who have stocks of at least 1000 'rare' blades Swedes, GB Wilks of each. My collection is about 1,000 blades all together, which still a huge number of blades! To make it worse I still seem intent on trying new blades, for the life of me I can't work out why. Shanghai made obscure Gillettes just seem too tempting....

Ha ha! I imagine LeBron James will be addressing the situation on Twitter 'We Don't know the facts, but China are right to impose sanctions on donnie_arko's trade with blade manufacturers'. (any South Park fans btw?)

FTR, my blade collection isn't as enormous as some others I've come across here I've seen guys here who have stocks of at least 1000 'rare' blades Swedes, GB Wilks of each. My collection is about 1,000 blades all together, which still a huge number of blades! To make it worse I still seem intent on trying new blades, for the life of me I can't work out why. Shanghai made obscure Gillettes just seem too tempting....

I think I am the same, more blades than I will use in my lifetime. And razors. Will be thrown out by family when I go.
Need to make a PIF in my will. :)

I think I am the same, more blades than I will use in my lifetime. And razors. Will be thrown out by family when I go.
Need to make a PIF in my will. :)

I don't have any children but if I did I'd have them it'd be for the sole purpose to finish using my collection of blades -

'Daddy, I don't want to use this blade.
'Why son?
'It's rusty. Why did you buy so many carbon steel blades?
'THEY WERE ONLY £x for 200! I was a fool to not buy that many! MWAH HA HA HA.
'But why do I have to use them?
'So you can have a BBS face.
'I already have it. I'm only 4 years old.

My poor poor imaginary son...

:(

I don't have any children but if I did I'd have them it'd be for the sole purpose to finish using my collection of blades -

'Daddy, I don't want to use this blade.
'Why son?
'It's rusty. Why did you buy so many carbon steel blades?
'THEY WERE ONLY £x for 200! I was a fool to not buy that many! MWAH HA HA HA.
'But why do I have to use them?
'So you can have a BBS face.
'I already have it. I'm only 4 years old.

My poor poor imaginary son...

:(

My son is19. He looks forward to the eleventy million blade razor. I have now disowned him :) . I am just an old fashioned arse to him. :giggle:(y)

RAD is done.
Your maths assumes that you drop dead tomorrow (or grow a beard).
The cost per shave for a blade is "value of new blade divided by the number shaves you get out of the blade".
10-15p if you use every blade once.
The cost per shave for a razor is "value of razor before the shave minus value of the razor after the shave".
Zero.

Next year should be cheap though :D

giphy.gif

cost of shaving will be hit hard when your finding what you like, once you settle in on things the cost goes way way down.

Right now I am using a 200 count display of Treet classic. post carbon steel version sadly. Anyhoo, these blades last me about 6 shaves EACH. and these are for blades that cost 20.0 for 200 after shipping. Kind of cheap if you ask.

And my erasmic a stick can last me 5 months of daily shaving. As a result cost is low.

You remind me of my brother...he's a real Deadhead!
Started off with a copy of "American Beauty" and is now "just one more Althea, the one from the Fall '87 tour"!
No disrespect intended!

Back
Top Bottom