Converts

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you guys know I may be able to convert someone to our way of thinking :)

My wife is on nights at the moment and she came home this morning saying the guy she was on shift with last night mentioned how he hated shaving. THis guy says he hates it because he feels he has to go ATG all the time due to his dark hair because if he didn't 2 hours later it looks like he hadn't bothered. Because of this it's the usual story of hates shaving and only does so when he has to.

Now obviously she hasn't been able to help notice where my shaving habits have taken me so she told him a little about it and apparently he seemed interested. When she told me this I had a dig around, I don't have a massive collection of stuff but I did have a Parker 3 piece I haven't used in ages so tonight she took it to work with a 5 pack of red IP's (most beginner friendly blade I could lay my hands on). Unfortunately I didn't have a spare brush to give away. I explained the idea of a multiple pass reduction shave instead of trying to hack the whole lot off at once. I've also said if he's keen I'll point him at the usual forums and websites we all frequent :)

Dunno if he'll take to it but he showed a spark of interest and I've done as much as I can to fan the flames :)

Great job on sharing the knowledge...

I "loaned" my younger brother a Super Speed with some 7 O'clock Permasharps, a Tweezerman brush, C.O. Bigelow by Proraso and Thayers WH. He has been using cartridges since he started shaving just like me and we have similar thick wiry beards prone to ingrowns. Gave him a quick demo when I gave the goods and typed out an email with a bunch of links to the different videos and forums. Need to send him the link for this one now! Checked in with him last week and he is using the new stuff on the weekends or so he said.....oh well all we can do is try, right?

Back
Top Bottom