Confused

Not even sure this question should be here but...

What is an injector? I have enjoyed my first go with a disposable for too many years to remember, most of which were bearded. I really like the uncomplicated Bic 3, the snot is getting right on my paps though... so I started thinking if I could have a Bic 3 without snot (that would be the 'Sensitive' bit I guess?) maybe even a single blade.. (that would make it a King Cobra, not paying that kind of money for that kind of quality). Does the Schick qualify as an injector, or is there an entire range missing from my small world view? I google Schick and find a plastic multiple bladed monstrosity. So what is a Schick injector, and are the blades cartridge priced? I would be grateful for any links

Edit: I have some Gillette - Indian style on the way so may be academic?

Thanks, yes I have ordered the GGuard, but knowing its not an injector, they seem to tick alot of boxes atm! I am asking because reading the reviews of the lending pool injector I was thinking about asking to be included and then wondered about what blades to order to contribute to the pass around, couldn't work it out though! So if its the plastic monster I would give it a miss, but it may be something entirely different...?

Brilliant! I keep forgetting the tube as a source. Project has a green light, tyvm! Need now to consider blade brands, fleabay here I come... etc.

Okeydokey said:
Project has a green light, tyvm! Need now to consider blade brands, fleabay here I come... etc.

Your best bet is to use the modern Chinese Schick blades. There's some good vintage blades to be had, but there's also a bunch that aren't so hot. It's a one blade system that's made up of an extremely stiff blade that feels and sounds different than a DE razor when cutting.

The Schicks will run about $1 per blade. You should definitely give the pass around a test drive. That particular injector is a popular model.

Martin

There are Personna blades from Connaught, Chinese made Schicks from eBay and I stumbled across some Schicks from Japan the other day (http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/cosmebox/item/j4903601611216/) although I'm not sure of they deliver to the UK. Failing that NOS blades, also from eBay.

The Schick Injector first appeared in the 1930s. It works on the basis that the blades are held in a small metal container which has a protruding part at the top of it. This protrusion is pushed sideways into the razor's head, pushing out the used blade, and enabling a new blade to be inserted via a slider. The old blade can be placed inside the used blade storage area of the container. The blades are single edge.

These injector razors were available in the US and UK until the early 1980s, and in Japan until 2000.

I used to use a Schick Injector in the late 1970s when I first started shaving. As they are no longer manufactured, you can usually get them on e Bay, or here if anyone was selling one.

Attachments

• thX4T7VN7F.jpg
    thX4T7VN7F.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 13
I forgot to add... Gillette also made an injector (of sorts) as did PAL.

Also forgot this... another Japanese source for blades.

http://en.kenko.com/shop/en-us/commodity/S217200H/

Back
Top Bottom