Cold filtered coffee

Hi,

Please does anyone have any experience of cold filtered coffee, where you steep coarsely ground coffee in water for ~24hrs before filtering and using the concentrate for iced coffee, or as a base of an americano, for example?

I believe that the resultant brew is supposed to be less acid, yet full in flavour. OXO appear to make a set which makes it easy, but is a little too expensive for me for a trial. I'm sure I could replicate the process but would like to know of other's experiences and maybe tips.

Thanks in advance.

OP
Whitefiver
Thanks for the replies, I hadn't thought of a cafetiere, so I'll give that a try. I was thinking about using a preserving jar.

I'll check out the links and forum too.

Thanks again.

I've tried to like coffee any other way than the norm, I just can't take to it. Nothing I love more than my coffee though, don't think I'd want to live in a world without a fresh brew.

OP
Whitefiver
Well, I have given it a couple of tries using a kilner jar. Admittedly, I didn't use the best beans, but it certainly is a different drink. I like as iced coffee - very refreshing, but using it as the basis of an americano I feel will take some getting used to. I have another batch in the fridge, so I am persevering.

Top Bottom