Chanel

Chanel Pour Monsieur EdP is one of my favourite fragrances. As well as providing a scent that I really enjoy, I've had compliments from the full age spectrum when wearing it - I believe it's one of those timeless fragrances.

From my own experience:

Pour Monsieur EDT (1955) for timeless understated elegance. Sadly suffers poor longevity since IRFA compliant reformulation.
Pour Monsieur EDP (1991) has a similar vibe but was an updated version, ironically it smells the more dated of the two now (IMO)
Antaeus (1981) unashamed virile masculinity. Very perfumey and dated but if you're of the era or love vintage frags then it's a winner.

I have never owned any of the newer fragrances but have sampled them, Allure Homme Sport and it's Edition Blanche flanker are pleasant but not "full bottle worthy" as they say in the fragrance hobby. Far more modern and generic smelling, I liken them to nice deodorants which is unfair of me as they are better than that but ultimately can't hold a candle to the classics.

My personal favourite Chanel scent is actually intended for women... Cristalle, it's beautiful. I'm also a huge fan of No.19 - Both can be worn by men unlike No.5 which is too recognisable!

Many thanks for all the recommendations, I went for the Chanel pour Monsieur, and it arrived today from Harvey Nichols, I am totally over the moon with it and I feel it fits my expectations, this will always be a big favourite for me....you can just tell when you first smell it, so thanks again guys. The reason I got it from Harvey Nichols was it was the cheapest at £72 and had a 2-3 day delivery

There is something about Bleu I find very highly commercial. Quite middle of the road and made to appeal to those who want the name Chanel in a 'safe bet' kind of way. Very much for the masses.

Mine went to a charity shop.
You're lucky I'm struggling to upload images at the minute or you, sir, would be subject to some memes expressing my outrage!

Back
Top Bottom