Chanel pour Monsieur

Has anyone used both the edt and the EDP? How do they compare?
I'm coming to the end of my 50ml bottle of edt, and pretty much certain of buying a 100ml bottle to replace it, it's my out and out favourite scent, faultless stuff in my opinion. However I'm curious about the EDP, is it a stronger version of the edt or a different beast?
I'm going to go into boots at some point and have a spray, but would like to hear others experience :)

I have the EdT and have never been without it. Through and through a great performer for a true gentleman. Yes it's not the same scent as it was fifty years ago but as it currently stands it isn't half bad. One of my most reached for business meetings, interviews etc. Sits close to you and doesn't enter the room before you.

As for the EdP, I have only tried it in stores on my hand (pre Covid times) and thought nothing of it. Our American members can only find this so I often find it gets a lot of praise online (on forums, in reviews etc). I have not extensively tested it, but would like it. I find that with vanilla in the basenotes, it could spoil the whole “Pour Monsieur” theme. Like I said though, if I could try it for longer on my skin I could give some better thoughts.

Owned and enjoyed both... Sold the EDT and kept the EDP ;)

The EDT in present form is quite neutered, I didn't realise quite how much so until I bought a vintage bottle of aftershave which contained a lot more oakmoss and therefore lasted much longer than the contemporary offering. I find it compliments the scent of old cigarette smoke and now the two are inextricably linked in my mind which is what prompted me to sell it. It's old school and should only be worn for yourself, preferably on formal occasions.

The EDP has a mandarin top note so it's sweeter and less bracing up front, lavender and vanilla send the scent in a different direction to the original, that said I can still smell the EDT heart within the EDP after an hour or so once the top notes burn off which is quite a cool trick by Jacques Polge. For me, he literally took the 50s classic and gave it a 90s facelift... It is what it is, you may like the result or you might not. Benefits of the EDP are longevity which on me is 10+ hours with similar projection to the EDT (deliberately minimal) it's also less offensive to modern tastes, IME women don't mind it as opposed to the original which wrinkles noses for the most part.

YMMV :)

Back
Top Bottom