Cella Milano Crema Da Barba, the red tub.

Spring is in the air, and despite our lives being altered by Covid, a young man's thoughts turn to Cella shave soap.

6-7 years ago, I had good experience with Cella in the red tub and a small portion of the 1kg. block, but had moved on to explore the new world of artisan soaps. As much as I appreciate good artisan soap makers, great mass produced shave soap that had been very good to me called out. So this morning I found myself making my first lather out of a new tub of Cella.

Being a few years older, if not wiser, I found that I now enjoyed the cherry almond scent. The ease of lathering, cushion, slickness and post shave feel were as good as I remember them. I'd be hard pressed to find a soap that performs better.

Cella is a great soap. I struggled to get an effective lather with it initially but that was a problem on my part. Once I had mastered my lathering technique, I returned to Cella and have had some wonderful shaves with it.

Cella Red performs superbly, and the post shave is excellent as well. I found with regular use the scent became a bit too sickly though.

The new one is supposed to be as good if not better than the original according to a few very vocal users on B&B.

Cella Red performs superbly, and the post shave is excellent as well. I found with regular use the scent became a bit too sickly though.

The new one is supposed to be as good if not better than the original according to a few very vocal users on B&B.

I have no doubt that the newly scented Cella is an excellent croap. For some reason I never opt for the new flavors as they come out.

...Being a few years older, if not wiser, I found that I now enjoyed the cherry almond scent. The ease of lathering, cushion, slickness and post shave feel were as good as I remember them. I'd be hard pressed to find a soap that performs better.

3P really is excellent. A really slick lather with great cushion as well.

I found my skin reacted a little to begin with but once the scent had dissipated it was fine.

I am hors de combat on any straight almond/marzipan soaps nowadays as after two tubs of Cella, one of 3P and a RazoRock P.160 it literally makes me gag. :eek: However, I will plug for A&E Grecian Horse as a far better smelling take on this type scent. :love:

Cella Red is fantastic!

If I had to evaluate it on the odor wafting from the tub, it would have gone back on the shelf with light speed. However, I was fortunate enough to procure it on line from Connaught, so that option was unavailable.

Being a brave sort, I gave it a try. Although it was much firmer than I expected, my brush, a synthetic Kent, was able to pick up the exact amount and produced a wonderful lather. The scent of which was far reduced from that in the container.

The resulting shave was exquisite, and, much to my delight, most all of the fragrance has dissipated by the time my face was dry.

Back
Top Bottom