Cant use declaration grooming brushes

I have a b7 and b8 DG brush but never seem to get great lathers with them, the brush doesn't seem to load the soap that well and then when I put it on my face the brush feels quite stiff and dosnt realise the lather that well, on the other hand my Simpsons brushes work so much better and love them. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Have you tried bowl lathering with it? I've had brushes before which needed a 10 lather break in before they became fully useable and enjoyable, but (that's) only animal hair, no issues with synthetic

I had a similar problem recently and was given some advice which seemed to help. Like you, I get on fine with Simpsons but find these soft tipped ultra high density knots to be a pain in the arse.

My suggestion:

Shake 99% of water out of the brush, it can be slightly damp but not wet.
Load it like you hate the soap, 60 seconds loading is what I do.
Slowly add small amounts of water to build the lather.

Doing it this way I got a really good lather for my first pass and an average one for the rest. Prior to this (using it like a Simpson, or any other bager) I couldn't get any sort of usable lather at all.

No haven't tried bowl lathering I really enjoy face lathering. But that makes sense it may need a bit of a break in, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had problems, I think you may be right I just used my b7 tonight and got a really good lather, I soked most of the water out but then really loaded it for ages it seems it takes ages to really load the brush and I think my big problem is I always underload :(

I find that overly gelled tips are so soft they don't pick up much soap, therefore they need to be loaded on the soap for a really long time to get a similar amount of soap compared to other brushes. Also the more dense brushes need more soap.

Back
Top Bottom