Can't take my DE Razor in Planes Cabin luggage alternatives please

Im travelling for work hand luggage for cabin only so can't take my Merkur and DE blades
what do other guys do ?
take a cartridge type razor ? suggestions please
many thanks in advance.

The Gillette Guard is pretty decent for a cartridge razor, and very cheap online (can't be bought in any UK shops I know of). I don't think it's as effective or pleasant to use as a DE or SE, but it gives a socially acceptable shave with no trauma.

The Gillette Guard is pretty decent for a cartridge razor, and very cheap online (can't be bought in any UK shops I know of). I don't think it's as effective or pleasant to use as a DE or SE, but it gives a socially acceptable shave with no trauma.
... and you can try taking it on an aeroplane without getting arrested.
As a general rule: make your peace with cartridge razors. They are quite good but lack charisma. Good enough for a business trip.

Would it be allowed to carry an empty razor in your hand luggage and a new blade in your wallet.

The razor without blades isn't an issue but I'd not recommend having a blade in the wallet (it'd stand out like a beacon on x-ray) unless the idea of Big Tony from security snapping on the gloves for a full cavity search to ensure you've nothing else stashed floats your boat...

The razor without blades isn't an issue but I'd not recommend having a blade in the wallet (it'd stand out like a beacon on x-ray) unless the idea of Big Tony from security snapping on the gloves for a full cavity search to ensure you've nothing else

stashed floats your boat...

Very little floats my boat but I doubt that Tony would score highly.

Thanks for the advice, I have been looking on a few advice websites and the guidance isnt standard round the world, some said no cartridge razors, only disposable razors but I havent been able to find much about DE razors. Useful thread, as someone has already said, I think i would be tempted to travel with an empty DE razor and look at buying blades when I arrive.

Cheers

I travel frequently by air and have carried a Gillette Sensor razor and cartridges in my carry-on without a problem. As a matter of fact, I find the Sensor gives me a very good shave, better than most shaves I get with a DE/SE. In consequence i've Abandoned my DEs and SEs in favour of the Sensor and Mach3; a bit more expensive, but eminently more satisfying shaves.

I'm happy to stick to the rules, but aren't you allowed to carry a blade up to 6cm? What can you do with a DE blade that you can't with a 6cm knife, scissors, etc.? Is a DE blade disallowed because both sides together add up to over 6cm? I know that DE blades get confiscated, but no one has ever really explained why

https://www.gov.uk/hand-luggage-restrictions/personal-items - cartridge razors are explicitly allowed, but DE/SE aren't mentioned

I don't want to get pulled up on this, so have never tried to take DE lades in my hand luggage

I've traveled with a friend who took knitting needles. Sure, for their intended purpose they're fun and friendly, but can do damage with those too. I'm sure it comes down to the person as well as the item

Back
Top Bottom