Can you take DE blades on a flight as hand luggage?

Does anyone know whether you can take DE blades on a flight as hand luggage? Obviously they will be in a box and still wrapped in waxed paper. I'm flying RyanAir.

A definite no irrespective if they are wrapped or not.

As suggested pack in any hold luggage and if no hold luggage look at buying at the other end. Otherwise you will have to seek an alternative way to shave or grow a beard.

Thanks guys - I'll have to take a cartridge :(
It's a PITA I know, but EVERY time I have travelled with a DE in hand luggage (no blades), I've been pulled over at the X-ray machine and have to explain/show that there are no blades. On the other hand, I've made it through the check with a Schick injector, but wouldn't recommend it.

Every time I have flown with a DE razor in hand luggage; always no blades packed, I like buying blades locally, my bag has been emptied and searched - both on the outbound and the inbound.

Last time, at Berlin, one of the Security staff said to her colleague "what's that". Her colleague replied - an old fashioned razor, what real men shave with - gives very good shaves. Que a conversation on DE shaving. SWMBO was fizzing :)

Where are flying from if it as a Boots past the security you can order some DE blades and pick them up

And don't forget they may check your baggage again on boarding and at the other end. At the likes of Schipol they do a baggage check just prior to boarding . I would just buy some at your destination and what remains leave behind. They do tend to be sold worldwide. Simply ain't worth the risk.

And don't forget they may check your baggage again on boarding and at the other end. At the likes of Schipol they do a baggage check just prior to boarding . I would just buy some at your destination and what remains leave behind. They do tend to be sold worldwide. Simply ain't worth the risk.
Totally correct and really not worth the risk of missing your flight or much worse

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom