can you describe me the smell of phoenix artisan harvest moon aftershave to me?

I have the Harvest Moon aftershave and it smells fantastic. It's a really hard scent to describe though. Almost a smoky spice type combination going on. I couldn't use it as an aftershave sadly as it irritated my skin. Works nicely as a cologne on though and gets compliments

Boycie, how many different PAA scents have you whiffed/used? I am curious as they have a vastttttttt list of which I currently have two & sold one that I didn't like.

Boycie, how many different PAA scents have you whiffed/used? I am curious as they have a vastttttttt list of which I currently have two & sold one that I didn't like.
I have every PAA soap available in the UK* but only the Harvest Moon splash. Whilst my face is generally ok with soaps, I find I'm most likely to get irritation from artisan aftershaves. The classic aftershaves (Floïd, Proraso etc.) seem to be fine but the only artisan splash whose range(some of) I've tried that hasn't irritated me is Signature Soaps. I'm fine with a few P&B and RazoRock splashes but not most.

* UK list:
  • Atomic Age Bay Rum
  • Future Fiction
  • Astra Planeta
  • (Praise) John Frum
  • CaD
  • Harvest Moon
  • Solstice
  • Dapper Doc's
  • Cavendish
  • Gondolier (sold - couldn't get on with the scent)
Thanks to Russ I also have the Doppelganger Black which is spot on for Dior Sauvage.

I often have problems with some products irritating my skin, but the reaction to the Harvest Moon Splash was extreme. It left me with burns and lumps on my neck. As I say I do react to product some times so maybe that your skin will be just fine.

I have had no such issue with the soaps and thanks to Chris , have had the opportunity to try many.

I have every PAA soap available in the UK* but only the Harvest Moon splash...

* UK list:
  • Atomic Age Bay Rum
  • Future Fiction
  • Astra Planeta
  • (Praise) John Frum
  • CaD
  • Harvest Moon
  • Solstice
  • Dapper Doc's
  • Cavendish
  • Gondolier (sold - couldn't get on with the scent)...

So, which of these smells great? I have the Awesome Sauce & Diver Down AS's and like them a lot. The former is a dead ringer for Proraso Green AS, but a tad stronger. The latter is purportedly a perfect recreation of the long discod. Seaforth Spice AS that was a competitor to Old Spice back in the day. I really, really like it. It smells spicier and more vibrant than even vintage Old Spice. Every time I use it I like it even more.

Their Supreme Sandalwood Science was too sweet & weak for me. I sold it to a millenial neighbor. :giggle:

So, which of these smells great? I have the Awesome Sauce & Diver Down AS's and like them a lot. The former is a dead ringer for Proraso Green AS, but a tad stronger. The latter is purportedly a perfect recreation of the long discod. Seaforth Spice AS that was a competitor to Old Spice back in the day. I really, really like it. It smells spicier and more vibrant than even vintage Old Spice. Every time I use it I like it even more.

Their Supreme Sandalwood Science was too sweet & weak for me. I sold it to a millenial neighbor. :giggle:
Assuming you don't like sweet scents, I'll drop those from the list. I'd probably recommend the following:

• Future Fiction - The scent of this was a great surprise. A lovely musk thing going on. From the tub, it's become a favourite
  • Astra Planeta - I get Tobacco, pepper and citrus
  • (Praise) John Frum - Sweet sandalwood and musk. I enjoy the smell from the soap but probably wouldn't want it as an EdT
  • CaD - Classic barbershop on the sweeter end of the scale. Lacks a strong oakmoss note which I consider a plus
  • Harvest Moon - Love this. Whilst I can't use the splash as an aftershave, it gets a lot of compliments when I use it as a cologne
If I had to choose two, probably Harvest Moon and Future Fiction

Back
Top Bottom