Calani Seifenmanufaktur - Anyone live in Germany kind enough to help?

It's been 12 months since I last bought any shaving products as I wanted to control my expenditure. But there was one soap I've really wanted and it's Calani Oriental Plum.

Antony Esposito (The Stallion) loves it so much. I spoke to Catherine the owner of Calani, 12 months ago and she told me that her husband had sadly passed away recently. Understandably, making soaps wasn't a priority for her and they didn't have stock of Oriental Plum.

So I kept checking their website sporadically and it was never in stock. Now, 12 months later I've just seen they have it in stock! I order a sample from Shave Dash and my goodness it's divine. By far the nicest shaving soap I'm tried. It actually surpassed my expectations. Unfortunately, their website wouldn't allow me to place an order and I contacted Catherine who told me that they cannot send to countries outside of Germany because of new geo blocking laws.

I know it's forthright to ask a complete stranger but is anyone kind enough to let me have my order delivered to them and to post it me to here in the UK. Needless to say I will pay for the full costs of postage and a little extra for your trouble. I would be indebted and would return the favour should the situation arise.

Would anyone be kind enough to help?!

Many thanks!

It's been 12 months since I last bought any shaving products as I wanted to control my expenditure. But there was one soap I've really wanted and it's Calani Oriental Plum.

Antony Esposito (The Stallion) loves it so much. I spoke to Catherine the owner of Calani, 12 months ago and she told me that her husband had sadly passed away recently. Understandably, making soaps wasn't a priority for her and they didn't have stock of Oriental Plum.

So I kept checking their website sporadically and it was never in stock. Now, 12 months later I've just seen they have it in stock! I order a sample from Shave Dash and my goodness it's divine. By far the nicest shaving soap I'm tried. It actually surpassed my expectations. Unfortunately, their website wouldn't allow me to place an order and I contacted Catherine who told me that they cannot send to countries outside of Germany because of new geo blocking laws.

I know it's forthright to ask a complete stranger but is anyone kind enough to let me have my order delivered to them and to post it me to here in the UK. Needless to say I will pay for the full costs of postage and a little extra for your trouble. I would be indebted and would return the favour should the situation arise.

Many thanks!
That's really odd. As I understand it, the new GBR Regs are designed to prevent geo-blocking i.e. open up markets, and enable cross-border purchasing via the internet. Here's the EU stuff on it :-
https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/geo-blocking-digital-single-market

Who knows how this plays out with Brexit, though?

As an alternative, you cloud look around if there is a parcel forwarding service which provides you a shipping adress in Germany.
With such an provider, your shippment goes to „your“ german adress, which is actually a warehouse, after receiving your goods, they send it to your home adress. Firms like this normally also offering to combine multiple orders into one shippment.
Regards Marco

Is Calani actually practising geo blocking which is against the law then time to contact Calani again...

Last edited:
As an alternative, you cloud look around if there is a parcel forwarding service which provides you a shipping adress in Germany.
With such an provider, your shippment goes to „your“ german adress, which is actually a warehouse, after receiving your goods, they send it to your home adress. Firms like this normally also offering to combine multiple orders into one shippment.
Regards Marco

I did already look before posting and the cheapest was £108 which is ludicrous for a puck of soap.

To be honest I don't really understand it. This is the email Catherine sent me:

"Unfortunately I cant send to any other countries outside Germany, since there are new laws according geo blocking I have to register every single country and am not allowed to exclude any country. Therefore you can only place orders with a shipping address from Germany. Also new packaging laws forces me to register in every country as well and pay fees. Sorry."

Is Calani actually practising geo blocking which is against the law then time to contact Calani again...

I've heard that ShaveDash sometimes have full pucks for sale, but seem to be sold out at the moment:

Many thanks!

I'd be happy to help. Let me know.

If it helps: I have had a puck of Oriental Plum, and I thought it wasn't that special, so I sold it again. I like Asian Plum by A&E much more.

Back
Top Bottom