Brush recommendations

I currently use an Omega synthetic brush which came with me DE starter kit.
Keen to try a badger and compare and contrast the two.
Problem is I am not looking to spend more than about £50 and am confused by the different size knots.
A bigger knot would be nice but that might mean I'd need to change my shaving bowl, preferably for a scuttle. My Omega has a small knot, not sure of the size though. Any help advice you guys can offer would be gratefully received.
Thanks

If you want to go down the badger route, something like a 24mm finest, either a Maseto if they're available from the ebay shop (classicshop2012), or a Yaqi would be a good place to start - there's a Cadman on ebay at the moment, or this Kent could suit.

When it comes to brushes, I use the brushes I enjoy using. The bulk of my humble brush collection are boar, & Synthetic, a Omega 11047 midget (Mixed boar/badger) a chinese unbranded horsehair& a Vie-Long 4212 horsehair which all give satisfactory results...I personally think good preparation, finding a blade that is suited to your skin type and praticing your technique is the key to a good comfortable shave, rather than having a 'Expensive' shaving brush,..'You've got what you need ,not what you want' to get a comfortable irrtation-free shave if you practice your technique with the shaving kit you have, but i understand you've got the 'Shaving Bug' and want to try other shaving assortments the choice is yours...'I'm sure experienced members who use badger brushes will give you some great advice ,and push you in the right direction of what are a good starting point.Most of all enjoy your new shaving experience. Regards. B :)

Last edited:
@Doti B - I'd chip in with recommending the Stirling 24mm Finest fan - well within your budget - one of the best brushes I own at any price - they also do a version with the more common bulb knot - see below - hope this helps - yours - I.

For 50 quid, I'd use that budget to get a number of different brushes and find which directions suits you. The budget is enough to get a Yaqi Synth & Badger, and a few boar brushes. Brushes are a very YMMV thing. I've not spent a huge amount on brushes but my favourite is probably the cheapest a Omega boar; and others are also enthusiastic about budget Synth and Boar brushes.

Back
Top Bottom