Brave

... browser, that is: https://brave.com

After running my favourite browser with a growing handful of extensions to protect online privacy (uBlock Origin, HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger, AdBlock & Tor Proxy) I happened upon the Brave browser.

It's based on Chromium, I believe, and pre-configured with all those privacy measures ... all rolled into one "shield" which you can click to see what you're missing, so to speak. It does regular tabs, private tabs and Tor tabs. Sync is via a blockchain type seed. You can also enable payments to your favourite websites since you're no longer enjoying their adverts - advertising is the past; embrace the blockchain!

I've been running it on macOS (desktop) and Ubuntu (laptop), for which I downloaded the .deb rather than running the pre-built snap in the apt repository.

As a browser, it's sound! Browse like a Lion!

Check it out ...

OP
pjgh
It's certainly a new deal for using the web ...

Considering blockchain a bit like a reward card, dribbles of credit can go on for all manner of reasons and come off for browsing websites. Heck! Even browsing could be an activity that creates entropy for the blockchain itself earning credit. Site owners gain credit when people browse, content owners get credit when their content is displayed and the browser can enjoy content without lashing of advertisement, unless they want it. Blockchain is the key to securing our privacy while permitting use of our personal data that is truly in the public domain or explicitly permitted.

Blockchain ... it's the future!

Top Bottom