Brainwashing!

Are you so used to wet shaving that you're amazed when somebody says they use an electric razor? I'm surprised enough when I see a can of shaving foam outside of the chemist's shelves. If I discuss shaving with someone, we sit in amazement of each other, he wondering why I take half an hour to shave my face in an archaic manner and I wondering how he can bear to apply 99p COSSACK brand foam to his face and scrape it off with an overpriced piece of moulded metal and plastic. Can there ever be peace between straight shavers and everyone else? Are we like Leonidas' 300 Spartans?

Unruhe said:
Are we like Leonidas' 300 Spartans?

Hope not - they were wiped out.
What with creams, scented soaps, balms, unguents and fragrances there is nothing Spartan about wet shaving, indeed I regard it as a sybaritic luxury - what a gorgeous way to start the day!
However, due to the brainwashing our colleague speaks of most men have been persuaded that traditional wet shaving is a cruel trial to be endured - whereas tinned slime and multi blades are a deliverance from this - such is the power of advertising.
We are all of us ambassadors - and it is our business to set an example whenever we can and try to explain to the commons how they are being conned out of their money and epidermis by these gangsters.
Unlike the 300 we shall not be defeated!

Sadly the vast majority of men (and women) regard shaving as a chore to be got out of the way in the morning. Ironic considering the Gillette adverts show it to be exciting and exhilarating, using images of jet planes and sports stars. The biggest con is not the price of these products but the idea that they will make shaving any more pleasurable. I wouldn't go back to smearing gel on my face if you paid me!

@ unrhue :lol:

I find the wilkinson trim/shave ads funny, there is a mens one for shaving and trimming and a ladies for legs and bits trimming but they look the same bar the colour. best not get them confused :shock:

C

Back
Top Bottom