Blue Personnas?

Is it wrong to right these blades off after shaving with one blade 4 times?
I got the blue Personnas when i bought my razor, thought id add a pack on because they only cost £1.50 for 10.
I got nicks when i first used it, but wasnt sure if it was because i was using a new razor. Some growth on my neck which goes agaisnt the other bits on my neck became more irritated, dont think ive got as good a shave as i have had before.
Now im not sure if its because of the new razor and new blade combo, but i just havent seemed to be able to get along with these.
Are they classed as a sharp blade or what?
I put one of Boots own blades in that i got with my first razor (rebranded Israelis) and my cheecks, chin are BBS. My neck is juust weird at the moment, and doesnt feel as smooth. Not hair though, or at least it doesnt feel like it :?
So are these a sharp blade? Or just rubbish?
Im going to order a sampler pack i think, but ive got to check how much i have in my account and fine out when ill next be paid before i can do that.

By Blue Personna do you mean these?

035390.jpg

Where did you buy them from?

That is strange because what you are calling Personna Blue are actually Red Pack Personna. They come in cardboard boxes of 5s in the states but it seems that over here they can come in 10s in plastic but the blades still have the red wrapping on them.

I find it strange because most people get on really well with Red Personnas but YMMV and everyone is different.

1gear said:
andyjreid said:

035390.jpg

Nope, these
PERSONNA_b.gif

Red Personna's, many here will say that there good value for the money and give good results, and i agree. Really need to get your sample pack to judge the vast differance between blades that are out there. But these are nowhere near the worst you can try.

RB73 said:
andyjreid said:

035390.jpg

Look like the tesco blades (packaging anyway). Not bad but not brilliant either.

Well those ones in that packaging you get them in Asda however it is the same blade you get in Tesco own brand and Boots own brand and a few others. I think they are made in the same factory as "crystal" branded blades but to all intents and purposes they are all Israeli Personnas but of different grades I think.

Ill give these blades another go sometime then.
I thought they were blue because of the box, but your right they do have a red wrapping :oops:

1gear said:
Ill give these blades another go sometime then.
I thought they were blue because of the box, but your right they do have a red wrapping :oops:

Hey no need to put up the embarrassed face I didnt know the difference a while ago either because the only "red" ones I had seen were in the cardboard red pack.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://connaughtshaving.com/samplepack.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://connaughtshaving.com/samplepack.html</a><!-- m --> <-------- get the best one you can afford, it's worth it.

A lot of us rate the red personnas highly. They are not the sharpest blades but sharper than, say, Derby. Each of us is searching for the razor/blade combo that suits our skin and shaving technique. Clearly it doesn't suit you, and that's all that matters to you. The only question left for you is to be sure you are shaving with a very light touch - little or no pressure. If you are still getting nicks perhaps something like Derby will suit you better.

I got 2 nicks on my adams apple on my first shave. I went from a ligh-ish razor to the Merkur HD, and could apply a little preassure on the cheapo boots one. Didnt get anymore nicks after that i dont think, they just irritated my neck, which the Boots Israelis havent done. Ill give them another try sometime(im being sent some blades by a member so ill try these and see how i go on) and if i dont like them then they can be passed on, although ill keep a few to try later on.
I must say though, i changed the blade today, and tested the blade on some thickish card and it was still pretty sharp. Much sharper then what the Israeli was after 3 shaves.

Alternatively, try a really sharp blade (Feather, probably), and concentrate very hard on that light touch technique. If your attention wanders you will cut yourself most likely, but if you manage a creditable shave, you'll probably get surprisingly good results when you revert to the Personnas. As Andy said, a good sample pack will serve you well, although if it contains Dorcos, avoid them - they'll only put you off the whole business.

Arrowhead said:
although if it contains Dorcos, avoid them - they'll only put you off the whole business.

Awwwww no one likes the Dorcos :lol:

I had a PIF for blades and sent a lot of Dorcos off but kept one or two of each (ST-300, ST-301) to try at some point. I was under the impression (well from what I read on B&B) that the 300's were rubbish but the 301's were ok.

To be honest with Feathers, Astras and 7 o'clock yellow to try I'll probably never try the Dorcos.

If you decide to PIF those Red Personnas give me a shout ;)

andyjreid said:
Arrowhead said:
although if it contains Dorcos, avoid them - they'll only put you off the whole business.

Awwwww no one likes the Dorcos :lol:

I had a PIF for blades and sent a lot of Dorcos off but kept one or two of each (ST-300, ST-301) to try at some point. I was under the impression (well from what I read on B&B) that the 300's were rubbish but the 301's were ok.

To be honest with Feathers, Astras and 7 o'clock yellow to try I'll probably never try the Dorcos.

If you decide to PIF those Red Personnas give me a shout ;)

If you have got some Feathers, and fancy swapping 5 of them for 5 of the Red Personnas..........
I dont think im being sent any Feathers, so if your up for swapping? Ill still have 4 left of the Personnas to try after the Feathers.
If not then ill just buy some Feathers and then try the Personnas again after, and if i still dont like them then PIF them.

If you get a sample pack, you should get one with feathers in it. I was just curious if you wanted to offload the blades, I have plenty of themjust now.

Personna makes many different D/E blades. Here in the USA they have what is known as "blues" which come in a box of 250 that some say were intended for barber shops and similar use. They are a good blade,made in USA and are packaged differently then I am seeing here.

Back
Top Bottom