Bit of a long shot identification help

When I was but a young fresh faced 16 year old I used to envy my dads razor even though I had little to cut with one. I would dearly love to find the same razor but dont know what it was. It looked very like a Merkur 33C but with the following differences, the know at the end of the handle was the same diameter as the rest of the handle but there was a groove in front of the knurling of the knob. The razor was to very heavy for its size, both head and handle, making me think it must have been plated brass or steel. I also remember the handle as being slightly slimmer that the Merkur and the head was open comb. I know there is very little chance but just on the million to one chance I would be grateful for any ideas. Thanks!

Last edited:
...the know[sic] at the end of the handle was the same diameter as the rest of the handle but there was a groove in front of the knurling of the knob. The razor was to very heavy for its size, both head and handle, making me think it must have been plated brass or steel. I also remember the handle as being slightly slimmer that the Merkur and the head was open comb. I know there is very little chance but just on the million to one chance I would be grateful for any ideas. Thanks!

Some form of Gillette New. Look here:

http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The NEW/The NEW.htm

Back
Top Bottom