Bestest word ever!

Hiya,

Sooooo, after watching the recent televised events here in Yankeeland unfold, some words were certainly used A LOT by many people with differing views. The main three seemed to be 1. travesty 2. sham, and 3. mockery. Hah, turns out others had the same thought about combining em and one guy even used it on air in the past.

The word is traveshamockery.......it sorta flows. Guessing it ain't in Websters yet.

Please only comment on the word and not the politics,

Martin

Last edited:
From Glaswegian English -

'Amurney' - I am not - as in - 'yoor a pure fud' - 'amurney!' - 'aye ye are'
'S'naw' - it is not
'Dreich' - a sort of dank, drizzly day that never gets properly daylight - the 'ch' sounds as in 'loch' or the 'j' in rioja - technically - a sounded glottal fricative - absent from most English dialects but Scousers can do it. Interestingly the north Germans and the Dutch use a virtually identical word
'Carnaptious' or 'Thrawn' - to be willfully difficult
'Hurple' - to walk with a limp.

Mone'then - I.

@patw

Last edited:
From Glaswegian English -

'Amurney' - I am not - as in - 'yoor a pure fud' - 'amurney!' - 'aye ye are'
'S'naw' - it is not
'Dreich' - a sort of dank, drizzly day that never gets properly daylight - the 'ch' sounds as in 'loch' or the 'j' in rioja - technically - a sounded glottal fricative - absent from most English dialects but Scousers can do it. Interestingly the north Germans and the Dutch use a virtually identical word
'Carnaptious' or 'Thrawn' - to be willfully difficult
'Hurple' - to walk with a limp.

Mone'then - I.

@patw

Amurney - Classic Glasgow slang

Back
Top Bottom