Best Wet Shaving Bargains In The UK?

Hello Gents--

Being across the pond it is sometimes difficult for me to judge relative pricing for wet shaving products "native" to other countries. I am working on an article for Sharpologist that I would like to make less US-centric. So my question is, what are the best wet shaving bargains available in the UK (products that cost way less than they should for the performance they get)? I know that years back Boots had a good cheap shave stick and shave cream but I don't know what they may be like now. Similarly, I know Palmolive shave sticks have been cheap and good but I also understand they may be discontinued in the UK (but another version is being imported from Europe).

So what is cheap and good in the UK right now?

Hey,
Good to see you posting. Read lots of your articles & found them very helpful. Gentlemen's Face Care Club make very good shaving creams for the money. Around £7 for 150ml tub. The original, kinda Sandalwood scent, was later renamed ‘Premium'. Since then they also do Caribbean Lime and Bergamot & Neroli. It's so good that I'm not sure the creams at 2-3 times the value can really justify their prices.

Palmolive Stick - £0.75
Palmolive Cream - £1.79
Boots Stick - £1.75
Boots Cool Cologne Cream - £1.59
Creightons Rich Shave Cream - £1.99

All of the above are still readily available and good performers. Both Superdrug and Boots (UK beauty retailers) offer their own good performing aftershaves for under £3 as well. Erasmic could be another one to add to the list - ~£3(ish) for a puck/cake. Bulldog also do a shave cream for £3.50 but I've never tried it.

Hey,
Good to see you posting. Read lots of your articles & found them very helpful. Gentlemen's Face Care Club make very good shaving creams for the money. Around £7 for 150ml tub. The original, kinda Sandalwood scent, was later renamed ‘Premium'. Since then they also do Caribbean Lime and Bergamot & Neroli. It's so good that I'm not sure the creams at 2-3 times the value can really justify their prices.
Good shout on the GFCC creams. When they're at the £6 mark, they're good value. Wouldn't pay the £10 price though.

Good shout on the GFCC creams. When they're at the £6 mark, they're good value. Wouldn't pay the £10 price though.

They do a Peppermint one too. The prices fluctuate a little, I got mine during the recent Amazon offer where if you bought one, you got one each of two other scents free. 3 tubs of cream for £6 !

I'm not in the U.K., but I read good things about this low priced "sleeper":

A minor point but I'll throw it in anyway: I didn't get on well with the current Boots shave stick (poor lather, slight burning reaction on my skin even prior to first pass) BUT the Palmolive stick fits perfectly in the Boots plastic shave stick tube. At only £1.75 I reckon it's worth buying Boots for the tube alone if you're a Palmolive user.

Last edited:
I really like the erasmic soap bowl.

Heard the Erasmic cream is good but haven't used it. The stick is rubbish IMO.

Ingram's I like but again I heard it will/has been discontinued. Similar story to Palmolive shave stick however I believe the shave cream is still available.

Nivea two phase aftershave. Only just recently discovered this. Often on sale.

Supermax aftershave.

Are also counting cheap foreign items line Proraso?

Nivea shave stick. I haven't tried yet but heard it's reasonable. Can often be found for £1.

I'm not in the U.K., but I read good things about this low priced "sleeper":

I haven't heard much about this.

Maybe I will check it out.

Marks & Spencer's aftershave splash and balm range. There is the classic "Woodspice" trio and "Harvard" which is inspired by Dior Eau Sauvage.

As mentioned earlier, Forest Fresh after shave from SuperDrug is an old traditional juice, usually 2 for £2.5, comes in a heavy glass bottle.

Kent Silvertex brush, probably the best travel brush ever made a £10 affair from John Lewis department store.

T&H #10 and Maca root are top shelf creams usually on offer for less than £7

As mentioned earlier, Forest Fresh after shave from SuperDrug is an old traditional juice, usually 2 for £2.5, comes in a heavy glass bottle.

Kent Silvertex brush, probably the best travel brush ever made a £10 affair from John Lewis department store.

T&H #10 and Maca root are top shelf creams usually on offer for less than £7

I prefer, is it "Sierra breeze" ?

Have you tried it?

Hello Gents--

Being across the pond it is sometimes difficult for me to judge relative pricing for wet shaving products "native" to other countries. I am working on an article for Sharpologist that I would like to make less US-centric. So my question is, what are the best wet shaving bargains available in the UK (products that cost way less than they should for the performance they get)? I know that years back Boots had a good cheap shave stick and shave cream but I don't know what they may be like now. Similarly, I know Palmolive shave sticks have been cheap and good but I also understand they may be discontinued in the UK (but another version is being imported from Europe).

So what is cheap and good in the UK right now?

Apart of boots, superdrugs... I think wet shave products (in my case AS, Balms and creams) are quite expensive in UK! I usually find really good prices (even paying shipping) at Gifts and Care (I used to buy with them but after a not so good customer experience I just gave it up) and Rasoi goodfellas (really good prices specially for proraso products and very good and fast customer service) both are located abroad (Spain and Italy).

gifts and care

rasoi goodfellas

Back
Top Bottom