Best pre-shave

What are peoples opinions on what is the best pre-shave?

I use proraso pre-shave cream and really enjoy it. But if there is something that is far better out there I would love to hear peoples opinions. I used to use pre-shave oils a lot but they're too messy and I find they clog the razor.
Totally agree! I’ve used Nuage shave oil but it’s nowhere near as good as the Proraso.

The BBA shave oil is worth a try though - I found that good too!

I occasionally use Nuage shave oil too,but my go to Pre-shave is Pears Transparent Glycerin Soap..It comes in 3-4 different fragrances, it doesn't last very long, but for what it costs, you can stock up on it,the Glycerin within the soap, gives a great slickness & protection...Give it a try.

Last edited:
I have almost exclusively used the classic green Proraso pre shave so far. I have yet to try the white one, of which I have heard positive things, and I have another classic yet to prove (Prep). However, if I have to say which pre-shave is, IMHO, the best, I would say Geo F. Trumper Skin Food (I've used the Lime ones which idk if still in production, but I suppose that the coral and the sandal would be the same, just with different scent).

When I use a pre-shave it's mainly Proraso Sandalwood. I find the mentholated one overpowers the scent of the shave soap. The white one is good but I prefer the warmth of the sandalwood.
I also like Argan oil - it soaks into your skin very easily and doesn't seem to affect the lather.
Other than that you could try Noxzema cleansing cream. It's a bit pongy though.