Best music opening line of all time

I have a few:-
I woke up in a Soho bar where a policemen new my name, he said you can go sleep at home tonight if you can get up and walk away.

Another

Here it is the groove slightly transformed
Just a bit of a break from the norm
Just a little somethin' to break the monotony
Of all that hardcore dance that has gotten to be
A little bit out of control it's cool to dance
But what about the groove that soothes that moves romance

Another

So, so you think you can tell
Heaven from hell
Blue skies from pain
Can you tell a green field
From a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

One more then its over to you guys, heres a short one

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.

Oh please fo tell us of your odd encounters with David Gilmore, I'm all ears! :) P.

There was a time a few years back where I seemed to bump into David Gilmour at every turn - at concerts, in fields at literature festivals. He was always very friendly and always said "hello". None of the people I happened to be with at the time seemed to recognise him, and always asked "who's that?" That's the thing about Pink Floyd; none of the band are 'remarkable' to look at (unlike Mick Jagger or David Bowie, for example). To judge by their appearance, they could be businessmen or doctors.

There was a time a few years back where I seemed to bump into David Gilmour at every turn - at concerts, in fields at literature festivals. He was always very friendly and always said "hello". None of the people I happened to be with at the time seemed to recognise him, and always asked "who's that?" That's the thing about Pink Floyd; none of the band are 'remarkable' to look at (unlike Mick Jagger or David Bowie, for example). To judge by their appearance, they could be businessmen or doctors.
Did he know you knew who he was? :) P.

Back
Top Bottom