Back online...

.. phew.

Flash memory upgrade on my Cisco router - nearly all went pear-shaped when it rejected the IOS image as being the wrong size, luckily I'd thought ahead and had a backup image on a different PC (predictably one without a TFTP server of course). Only took an hour :lol:

Note to the non-techs and techs with limited Cisco experience, don't mess with Cisco :? Apparently it's caused SWMBO to burn some cakes in Yeovil :roll:

hunnymonster said:
.. phew.

Flash memory upgrade on my Cisco router - nearly all went pear-shaped when it rejected the IOS image as being the wrong size, luckily I'd thought ahead and had a backup image on a different PC (predictably one without a TFTP server of course). Only took an hour :lol:

Note to the non-techs and techs with limited Cisco experience, don't mess with Cisco :? Apparently it's caused SWMBO to burn some cakes in Yeovil :roll:

Well done. It can be a bit annoying to turn a router into a brick with a flash upgrade. :( :lol:

I get this confusion in work quite often, I however call the woodworking tool a 'rowter' (sic)

Why is it that Americans are usually on "rowt" from one place to another yet drive along "root" 66?

I too have the rooter/rowter conversation on a daily basis - I even have a clip of this somewhere that I forward on occasions when they announce they have "rowter" issues.

In other news - I love my ISP - just had to download 5GB of network packet captures - happened at full bore for my line - 880kBytes/sec the whole way. Smashing - something to keep me occupied in the morning :?

Back
Top Bottom