Baby Steps

Okay, this is attempt number 3. In 2008 I bought 6 vintage straight razors and none were shave ready. In 2014 I bought a Titan, that went rusty. Well tonight I bought a shave ready vintage straight razor from a fellow forum member. If I like the experience I will buy a strop and the paste.

Okay, this is attempt number 3. In 2008 I bought 6 vintage straight razors and none were shave ready. In 2014 I bought a Titan, that went rusty. Well tonight I bought a shave ready vintage straight razor from a fellow forum member. If I like the experience I will buy a strop and the paste.
It Probably Takes around about 30 Shaves to Become Competent with an SR..Maybe a 100 To Kinda Master Em..You will Need a Strop ASAP & Dont Expect a Great Shave or Great Experience in the 1st Instance..Shave Ready or Not..Ya Need to Put in Shaving Time..We have All Had to Do that... That Use Em & Love Em..Happy Shaving & Good Luck..(y)

Billy

As a pretty recent convert I would say that is some great advice from Billy.

You have probably seen this before , but I found this one the best video on how to shave , and definitely how to start out. It seems like you are not going much just doing a small part of your face at first, but it really did help me develop an initial touch and confidence.

Good luck with it all.

As a pretty recent convert I would say that is some great advice from Billy.

You have probably seen this before , but I found this one the best video on how to shave , and definitely how to start out. It seems like you are not going much just doing a small part of your face at first, but it really did help me develop an initial touch and confidence.

Good luck with it all.

It was this very video that helped me to get to grips with straight razor shaving, well worth watching and taking all of his advice. :) P.

Back
Top Bottom