Artist Club

Just bought a Razorock Hawk my first SE razor would appreciate advice on the best Artist Club blade to use bearing in mind I'm a newby to SE
Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd recommend Schick Proline P-30. They're favoured by a number of forum members and were recommended to me - and they were spot on!

With the Hawk, you may find it quite a mild razor. It's very light. However changing to a heavier handle can transform its performance!

You'll enjoy the razor. [emoji1303]

I used a Feather Pro Blade for my 1st shave with the Hawk. I have not been bitten - yet! It is the medium Feather I believe. There are pro guard - mild or Super for more efficient. I am waiting for some Proline to come so cannot say about these. I have tried the Kai Captain Pinks but not in the Hawk. Not as big a mine field as DE blades though.

Last edited:
By far my favourite is the Kai Captain. I have tried the sharper end of the SE blade world and find them a tad too much for my liking. The Captain kind of sits in the middle. Works lovely in the Hawk and a nice blade as an introduction to SE shaving.

The only thing I would say is that for a new out of the pack blade they will smart a little but from the second shave onwards brilliant. They do take kindly to 'hand stropping'

Just used one an hour ago and a very smooth shave and finish.

Feather Soft Guard for me. It's THE blade for sensitive skin with a completely different guard style. I find it ultra-mild but nonetheless very effective.

I should just mention that it is reputed to be designed for ladies'...ermmm...well, ladies!

...and the pack is pink!;)

Back
Top Bottom