Aqua Velva vs Mennen Grand vs Pitralon Swiss Aftershave

Ok so not so much of a face off review by me, but more of a request for recommendations. So I've just tried Mennen Grand Large today for the first time and I was blown away by the scent and post feel really lovely stuff and I can't stop feeling my face and then smelling my hand lol for an AS splash it really does linger and post shave is brilliant. So which of these 3 is the best IYO scent, good for your skin and post feel. Or any others you can think of? If you could give me an idea of the scent type as well (green, fresh, spice, floral etc) I'd be eternally grateful. I'm spesh interested in Pitralon Swiss Aftershave the big brown bottled one but would like your input about them all.

Aqua Velva was very popular here in Italy in the 70's but nowadays isn't sold anymore. The Mennen I can find for few euros is really disappointing: ordinary cheap smell and it disappear in few minutes. I've found hardly a Pitralon Classic bottle and I love it. It smells of.... banana at first but after a little it change in a sort of light Clubman Pinaud and it lasts very long.

Inviato dal mio SM-A700F utilizzando Tapatalk

Aqua Velva was very popular here in Italy in the 70's but nowadays isn't sold anymore. The Mennen I can find for few euros is really disappointing: ordinary cheap smell and it disappear in few minutes. I've found hardly a Pitralon Classic bottle and I love it. It smells of.... banana at first but after a little it change in a sort of light Clubman Pinaud and it lasts very long.

Thats really strange about the Mennen has lasted for hours on me. More than any basic AS i've used

Thats really strange about the Mennen has lasted for hours on me. More than any basic AS i've used
I think the one sold here is not like the US or the UK ones. Maybe our taste is different ( Italian I mean ). In fact also Proraso Green lotion don't lasts so long. I prefer in the basic range Clubman Pinaud or Pitralon that lasts longer and got a stronger structure

I have to correct myself. Today I've found that Aqua Velva is still sold here in Italy but.... it smells of water. It's so light that I've left it on the shelf. I remember the old one and there's nothing in common.

I have to correct myself. Today I've found that Aqua Velva is still sold here in Italy but.... it smells of water. It's so light that I've left it on the shelf. I remember the old one and there's nothing in common.

Sometimes we have selective memory recall due to the fact that as we age our sense of smell changes. I have smelled vintage Aqua Velva beside new and could tell no difference.

Sometimes we have selective memory recall due to the fact that as we age our sense of smell changes. I have smelled vintage Aqua Velva beside new and could tell no difference.
Which version of Aqua Velva tho? I'm a lil confused with the williams or the classic and such. Are there real differences in scent?

I am speaking of the blue juice. Combe Inc. bought Williams in 2002.
This is the one sold in Italy

adb3658cc4e6f26544fd2fbfdfd1c3d3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom