Anyone wear Cat Boots?

Does anyone here wear Cat boots?

Are they still as good as they once were (that's asking for trouble) and where is the best place to buy them?

Cheers

Andy

andyjreid said:
Does anyone here wear Cat boots?

Are they still as good as they once were (that's asking for trouble) and where is the best place to buy them?

Cheers

Andy

Used to - gave up...

IMO no.... try <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.Branch309.co.uk">www.Branch309.co.uk</a><!-- w --> (From the info I have, they seem to be a "trading style" of Schuh - at least their distrib centre in Livingston is entirely Schuh-branded) if you're going online and know your size.

Cheers for the info.

The site is exactly the same as Schuh so I think you're right.

Im after a pair of decent boots, not really wanting to spend an arm and a leg.

Any other brands you'd recommend?

andyjreid said:
Cheers for the info.

The site is exactly the same as Schuh so I think you're right.

Im after a pair of decent boots, not really wanting to spend an arm and a leg.

Any other brands you'd recommend?

Well... My current boots are a pair of De Walts - but they were £silly-cheap in a pricing error (think misplaced decimal point)

moodymick said:
Lowa. :D I have a couple of pairs, nice 'n' comfy. Magnums are an ok lightweight boot too :| , but I suppose it is down to what you want to wear 'em for?

If you're talking a building site, a pit or kicking middle class plastic anarchists teeth in - you'll be wanting steel toe caps. :shock:

Health & Safety y'know ;)

No Building sites and not wearing them to pose either. Just a comfy pair of plain boots that are semi-hardwearing

I don't know about CAT's specifically but I bought a couple of pairs of Rockport's in the US about 12 or so years ago. They were pricey but superbly made, I ordered some replacement's online last year and they were totally PANT'S, I nearly complained they were fakes they were so far removed from what I was used to, a little digging and yes at some point they were corner cutting and manufacturing was moved from Portugal to China.

andyjreid said:
moodymick said:
Lowa. :D I have a couple of pairs, nice 'n' comfy. Magnums are an ok lightweight boot too :| , but I suppose it is down to what you want to wear 'em for?

If you're talking a building site, a pit or kicking middle class plastic anarchists teeth in - you'll be wanting steel toe caps. :shock:

No Building sites and not wearing them to pose either. Just a comfy pair of plain boots that are semi-hardwearing

For casual, winter wear, I have a pair of Timberlands (black leather). Got them (cheap) in an outlet place somewhere, as they only get worn maybe 2 months a year they still look minty after 6-7 years - probably outlast me :?

andyjreid said:

If thats the case I would look to get a pair of Hi-tec Magnums (make sure you get the Hi-Tec ones as there is a cheap version floating about I saw a pair of copies in field and treck)

Can get the as shoes, high leg or low leg, in leather, sythetic or nylon/canvas, very leight weight fairly hardwearing and very comfy, I was going to get another pair for backpacking but ended up getting some brasher ultra lights because our local milittes was closing down.

Have had 4 pairs since I was in the army cadets like 18 years ago and LOVE them

Yip me too work supplied not had to buy a pair in a long time, best part is I get these ones

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.brixworkwear.com/uk/brand/haix/work-boots/haix-602002-trekker.html">http://www.brixworkwear.com/uk/brand/ha ... ekker.html</a><!-- m -->

Not much good for going out but great for
moodymick said:
kicking middle class plastic anarchists teeth in - you'll be wanting steel toe caps. :shock:

I love boots, the best pair I´ve got´s two pairs of Redbacks from Aussie land. Try Mick, without the mood :D, he´s a pleasure doing business with:
http://www.bootsaustralia.com/
Not CATs, but really nice boots, especially if you got a little wider feet (ok, Donald Duck feet). I´ve got a pair of hand made British Cheelse boots too, but these Redbacks are da tits and the ones I use nearly every day :D

I had to look at mine: De Walts. They're doing very well to say there's four years wear on them - mind you, if you don't need steelies then look elsewhere. No point in wearing beetlecrushers if you don't have to.

Back
Top Bottom