Any 'Eau Sauvage' smell-alikes?

One of my favourite men's fragrances is 'Eau Sauvage' by Dior. Does anyone know of a smell-alike shaving soap / aftershave splash? It's a clean, lemony fragrance but with woody, vegetal undertones. I've not found anything else quite like it but would love to have it in a soap.

Dior make a matching shaving cream but it's truly awful quality, so much so I felt guilty when I sold it on.

Pinnacle Suave mentioned above is a clone of the modern Sauvage not Eau Sauvage, totally different scents. Apricus is supposed to be an Eau Sauvage scent but I've not tried it and heard mixed reviews on how accurate it is, was also a limited run so obtaining it might be tricky.

Marks & Spencer's "Harvard" aftershave was always touted as an Eau Sauvage clone, it's only a fiver so might be worth a try? For a soap, personally I'd just pick any good citrus as it will compliment it... Speick Active for example is lemon with a spicy herbal undertone.

Dior make a matching shaving cream but it's truly awful quality, so much so I felt guilty when I sold it on.

Pinnacle Suave mentioned above is a clone of the modern Sauvage not Eau Sauvage, totally different scents. Apricus is supposed to be an Eau Sauvage scent but I've not tried it and heard mixed reviews on how accurate it is, was also a limited run so obtaining it might be tricky.

Marks & Spencer's "Harvard" aftershave was always touted as an Eau Sauvage clone, it's only a fiver so might be worth a try? For a soap, personally I'd just pick any good citrus as it will compliment it... Speick Active for example is lemon with a spicy herbal undertone.

ah..my bad. I got the two mixed up

Wickham's Apricus Soap. they don't do a splash , but do a Balm I think
@danielb193 - what he said - Dior Sauvage - is my signature scent - first the edt - then I discovered the edp - Wickam Apricus - the soap and balm - are a very good take on it - I personally would not look further - they all dovetail beautifully. In my opinion they are top end - can't fault the performance - cheers - I.

Thanks, I hadn't realised there were two fragrances with such similar names. It's definitely Eau Sauvage I enjoy (the frosted glass bottle, not the blue one).

Eau Sauvage is a Citrus Chypre, a spin off/hybrid of the Chypre and Eau de Cologne families. A cologne scent product from AdP, Valobra, or SV maybe similar.

Absolutely my all time favourite aftershave; the originals / classics are always the best. I used to stock up on the brown box with the red label in overseas' duty free's at £20 per go; not sure how much this classic sells for now.

Absolutely my all time favourite aftershave; the originals / classics are always the best. I used to stock up on the brown box with the red label in overseas' duty free's at £20 per go; not sure how much this classic sells for now.
The Original is my all time favourite, I go a 200ml bottle of the new formulation, its nice but the original can't be touched, few places on etsy and ebay selling 50ml for £80+
Wish I'd stocked up now

Mine lasted a good few years; FWMSWM; is the original no longer available (only a new formulation)? Last time I was at Gatwick or Heathrow someone was pushing out sprays, but I was not sure if it was the original formula; the bottle looked quite similar to the original, price as you stated.

I think that I probably know the answer already; why oh why do companies mess around with their classics. Yves Saint Laurent "Y" was my all time favourite women's perfume (and my partner's); again an all time timeless classic, used to be in a white box; purchased a few boxes when the final ones were being sold off (made some great presents for a few years). Again, no longer produced and nothing has ever reproduced that classic sophisticated aroma.

Perhaps these old classic are just not bling enough for the modern markets?

Back
Top Bottom