All-stainless Focus R50

My Feedly RSS feed from Fendrihan has just popped up with the latest version of the Focus R48. This is the aluminium design, but rendered entirely in stainless steel, and designated R50. There don't seem to be any fancy colour options, but this weighs in at 94g, which is considerably more than the aluminium version at 33g.

This is a link to it on the Focus website:- https://www.focuscumbomilano.com/en/item/focus-dynamic-r50-razor/

As expected, it's about double the price of the R48, and, so far, I can't see any UK stockist, although I expect Connaught, who stock the R48, will no doubt have it in the future.

I use the r48 from time to time and it gives a close comfortable shave, better at shaving under my nose than my 2 de razors. I wonder if this will be a bit different from the r48?

I have been watching the Focus site for some time now .Haven't bought because compared to Connaught the focus prices are quite high and there is also a hefty delivery charge on top. I could be tempted if Connaught stocks them as I really rate the R48.

I think the ss one would be double the price. The ATT ss ones are as compared to their aluminium razors. I do Hope they have made the blade loading foolproof, although now I never have any problems with this.

I think the ss one would be double the price. The ATT ss ones are as compared to their aluminium razors. I do Hope they have made the blade loading foolproof, although now I never have any problems with this.
The SS model is listed at Euros 107, so that's about £100 before delivery charges from Italy. Looking around at what scant information there is, it seems that the loading is the same as the R48. One photo of it looks as if they've smoothed off the planes on the top cap for a more rounded shape (as with
RR Hawks 1 and 2), but it may just be an optical illusion.

I'll certainly consider buying one if Connaught do stock it, but I don't think the price will be wildly different from the present cost of buying it direct from Italy. Fendrihan in the USA are selling it for $130, but, oddly, another Italian vendor Rasoi Milano (who also have some other interesting bits and pieces) list it at Euros 90.95.

Back
Top Bottom