Alcohol

There are still individuals and sites, such as Sharpologist that oppose alcohol. Here is a Doctor with an interest in skincare that debunks that myth, it can be beneficial..

I've used an alcohol-based aftershave splash for my +50 years of shaving with no negative effects. I find it soothes my skin and leaves my face feeling clean and fresh. On the other hand, an aftershave balm without alcohol doesn't soothe my face and leaves my skin feeling sticky or greasy. Other aftershave products such as witch hazel doesn't soothe my skin.

I've used an alcohol-based aftershave splash for my +50 years of shaving with no negative effects. I find it soothes my skin and leaves my face feeling clean and fresh. On the other hand, an aftershave balm without alcohol doesn't soothe my face and leaves my skin feeling sticky or greasy. Other aftershave products such as witch hazel doesn't soothe my skin.

Ditto.

Interesting isn't it. I've always found aftershave on my face to feel uncomfortable and drying. And I've often used moisturiser. Although from this forum I now use a witch hazel blend and that works really well.
I guess we're all made a bit differently
Cheers
Paul

When I first stared wet shaving, I was recommended using moisturisers and avoiding alcohol based after shave splashes. This gave me oily spots on my face and neck. I changed to alcohol based splashes in no time, never looked back since.

As a matter of fact, I used the Snake Bite (don't know if there is anything with higher alcohol content than that on the market) for the first time today actually and the sting was one of the best if not the best feeling after shaving I ever had. Never felt so fresh and awake before. My new favourite splash!

Back
Top Bottom