Advantages Of Soap Over Cream

Mike Smart

Supporter
Supporter
guys just a query
is there any advantages for soap rather than creams.
forget about the financial size as most soaps will last longer than creams.
any other advantages i.e slickness, more lather etc etc. i would be interested in everyone's thoughts

Outside of those you've already covered in your opening post I will often use a cream when 'I can't be bothered' with some of the faffing around some soaps bring. Not everyday has the time in it to take the long soapy road.

I find creams more consistent with the results and easier to correct if too much water has been added. But that is me.

I just take shaving life as it comes and having both soap and creams in the cupboard gives me options which is always a nice thing to have.

guys just a query
is there any advantages for soap rather than creams.
forget about the financial size as most soaps will last longer than creams.
any other advantages i.e slickness, more lather etc etc. i would be interested in everyone's thoughts
I can use a cream brushless, l couldn't use a shaving stick, let alone a puck brushless.

Outside of those you've already covered in your opening post I will often use a cream when 'I can't be bothered' with some of the faffing around some soaps bring. Not everyday has the time in it to take the long soapy road.

I'm with you for using creams on days where I might not really have that much motivation but still want to get the job done nonetheless.

I've never really got into using creams that much, the only few I seem to use on a regular basis and enjoy are both menthol ones, Lea & Palmolive.

I always see cream as cheating. One should have to do some work for one's lather not just get handed it on a plate.
cheating ? i just don't get that a shave is a shave is a shave we're all different and do different things.
to say it's cheating is ludicrous.
i also don't understand why one has to work for a lather and handed on a plate. iv not been on the forum long but it's certainly the most nonsensical thing iv ever heard

I enjoy both soaps and creams. I have some creams that perform just as well as my top soaps. In fact, here's a list of my top 7 creams. I now have some Penhaligon's cream which may alter this list in the future:

ES Fuar Ach Snog
ES Citrus Kiss
T&H Ultimate Comfort
TOBS Eton College
Trumpers Spanish Leather
TOBS Sandalwood
Alvarez Gomez AdC Barberia

Back
Top Bottom