A&E Kaizen

Wait a few weeks and there will probably be another even better base

I agree that he, along with many other makers, are constantly changing their bases and in all seriousness I think most do so as an improvement. Assuredly, there are others who do so only to drum up sales in this incredibly fickle market. I blame the buyers and not the makers however. Remember, without drug addicts there would be no pushers. ;)

9FRko8E.gif

I honestly can't tell the difference between a lot of these soaps. As an A&E fanboy I managed to resist this release so far, but mainly because I didn't fancy the scent. Once he starts releasing his existing back catalogue in the new base then I might be tempted.

My face did not enjoy the recent experience with A&E soaps (except Spartacus). The lather was fantastic but the burning sensation was uncomfortable. Lovely scents though and I can see why people like these soaps.

I sold Spartacus ASAP as the scent was nauseating to me. I despise Creed Aventus type scents I discovered. :eek:

If you've a sensitive face I recommend their SoCal Hipster and their Frozen Mojitos. Both are lightly scented and beautiful. ;)

I used this Kaizen today and my subjective opinion is that it face lathered with childlike ease and was a cinch to find it's "sweet spot" for water retention. I only needed three swirls with a damp Tuxedo "quarter moon" brush on the tub before face lathering. That was enough. I cannot tell any slickness or cushion differences between it and his prior version, but that is because IMO it was already superb and not because of any shortcoming with Kaizen. The scent is certainly bright and unique. I like it.

Yes, for those who march to the PSF drummer they will be ecstatic as it delivers there in spades. I made a point to "faceturbate" post shave before washing to add my two cents as this factor seems to dominate the shave soap market nowadays. In fairness I feel the need to mention that PSF is meaningless to me as I always wash post shave with a cleansing gel.

The retail is U.S. $19.99 which is remarkable when some other top tier artisans have "kissed" $30.00 as of late. Is it worth it? That's a question that only you can answer. However, if you want a soap that has a remarkably crisp and unique citrus scent and has incredible PSF then this is your "wet dream". As for me, A&E had one of the best soap bases extant even before this one with top notch slickness and their scents are without peer for those who like tasteful & bold. (y)

I used this Kaizen today and my subjective opinion is that it face lathered with childlike ease and was a cinch to find it's "sweet spot" for water retention. I only needed three swirls with a damp Tuxedo "quarter moon" brush on the tub before face lathering. That was enough. I cannot tell any slickness or cushion differences between it and his prior version, but that is because IMO it was already superb and not because of any shortcoming with Kaizen. The scent is certainly bright and unique. I like it.

Yes, for those who march to the PSF drummer they will be ecstatic as it delivers there in spades. I made a point to "faceturbate" post shave before washing to add my two cents as this factor seems to dominate the shave soap market nowadays. In fairness I feel the need to mention that PSF is meaningless to me as I always wash post shave with a cleansing gel.

The retail is U.S. $19.99 which is remarkable when some other top tier artisans have "kissed" $30.00 as of late. Is it worth it? That's a question that only you can answer. However, if you want a soap that has a remarkably crisp and unique citrus scent and has incredible PSF then this is your "wet dream". As for me, A&E had one of the best soap bases extant even before this one with top notch slickness and their scents are without peer for those who like tasteful & bold. (y)
Glad to hear you like it. Don't get caught up in the bukkake party though!

Just today I received their new Cuban Highball soap in the Kaizen base that is supplanting their Frozen Mojitos which just happens to be my favorite hot weather soap. Be forewarned, it's potent!! Enough rum scent to make Cap'n Jack Sparrow weep for joy and sweet heady lime!!

Back
Top Bottom