Supporter
LeJog 2022 Finisher
And for this early morning the theme for my shave was 'Doncaster'

IMG_20200410_173108.jpg

Donny the razor - Stainless General
Rovers the blade - Kai Captain
Arndale shopping centre the brush - Razorock 400
River Don soap - Signature Soaps Danum

Back at work here so for this week I have restricted myself to the two recently received Signature Soaps. First up being @BrianH creatively named Danum and so named after my childhood town of Doncaster. Why someone would want to name a soap after a river you can walk on I have no idea.

I have always been a little harsh on Doncaster since I left but to be honest I had a great childhood in the town spending my time either fighting or......fighting. There are actually some very beautiful parts of Doncaster such as Cusworth Park and Hall, Conisbrough Castle and the Arndale shopping centre which looks like a collection of large shoe boxes and shipping containers. Beauty can come in many forms.

I now visit just once a year just to remind myself not to return the next. And fail.

The shave

This is my second time out for the Danum soap and first time out I found it quite a thirsty soap. Nothing has changed and again found myself adding more water than normal. But, it is well worth the effort. As per usual Signature standard the lather is first class. Thick and creamy with that nice sheen one looks for. Superbly smooth to use and with really great residual properties. Stays the distance and ticks all the boxes. Another great soap from that man in Bolton.

The General? Same as every other time and an absolute gem to use with brilliant results. A few Ikon Tech battle scars to work around but nothing brought back to blood again and very happy.

Slap on some Nivea moisturiser and one sterling shave.

Another rare first SOTD for a new week and a great start to the weekend.

Have a lovely one all you people out there and wish you and your families (and pets) the very best of health during these times.

I leave you with some Ladybaby minus Ladybeard. As cheesy as buggery but very seasonal

It was just too tempting to post the incorrect postfixes after the ordinal numbers on the dates

Last edited:
NM7fp7E.jpg

Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Matilda Prototype Rhodium knots 2-band Silvertip
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum

The 2-band silvertip from Rhodium knots is just magic - super dense and very very luxurious - feel like I am in badger heaven :)

SOTD : 11th April 2020.

1.JPG

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face & head.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Omega 49.

Face Lather.

Soap : Proraso sensitive.

Blade: Derby extra. (1)

Razor: Muhle R41. (2014 version)

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Osmanli ~ Lemon Eau De Cologne.

Groomed ~ PSB.

Face & Head Shave.

Greetings,

Yesterday evening i was going through my shaving den picking out items for my coming week SOTD's and noitced two derby extra blades...I honestly can't remember when i last added them to my blade rotation, probably due to me having a horrible experience with a derby extra blade when i first ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving which resulted in giving me a nasty bite...However,i have used them since then with with no more horrible shaving experiences i like to add I can't totally condemn them as i may have bought a dodgy batch or more to the fact it was probably down my lack of technique shaving confidence,and preparation that resulted in me having a horrible experience with them when i was first starting out...'A bad worker always blames his tools'.

Anyway, after trying out the new 'Derby Premium', which i found very comfortable & smooth i thought i would give it's older sibling a outing again.The verdict?.It matched up superbly with my R41,with the lightest of touch both the razor & blade was a smooth duo slicing through my face & head stubble with effortless ease... the derby extra will never be my favourite de blade and it's a classic case of 'YMMV', but as the saying goes, 'don't knock something, until you've gave it a fair chance to prove itself...My shaving technique & confidence 'has/ is' vastly improving with each shave i have.

A suprisingly comfortably smooth 3 pass +pick ups face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Groomed ~ PSB.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth and smelling devine. ;)

The musical accompaniment with my shave this morning is from old school bavarian yodelling stien drinking rapper Franzl Lang promoting & wearing a silvertip badger brush on his hat from the Muhle factory back in the day.

Enjoy.:)

Keep safe, stay strong and try to enjoy the start of the easter weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Date:- 11 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Promises
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Wizamet Super Iridium #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- Yellow Tail Big Bold Red

Saturday‌ ‌04.11.20‌ ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0055 - Edited.jpg

Gillette‌ ‌'54‌ ‌Z1‌ ‌‌Flare Tip Super-Speed‌ ‌in red case (1st Flare Tip)
Rapira Swedish Supersteel ‌(1)
Frank‌ ‌Shaving‌ ‌2‌ ‌Band‌ ‌Finest‌ ‌Badger‌ ‌Extra‌ ‌Long‌ ‌Handle‌
RazoRock "What The Puck?!" Lime Burst
Old Spice Cologne Original

DSCF0061 - Edited.jpg

Sat 11th April

Stirling Syn.26mm
Stirling-Baker Street
Occams-Oren/plate3
Feather Proguard [ 5 ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

A very poor Shave yesterday because I did not change the Blade, when it was apparent after two strokes that it was shot.I decided today to clear the decks before starting an Injector rotation, so I chose to use the Oren which I know always delivers a great Shave. The Shave today was as usual very smooth and comfortable, and with no problems delivered the closest of all round finishes. I should not really use this Razor in these troubled times ,as the finish it delivers encourages face stroking.

IMG_0672.jpg

Last edited:
11 April

SV Felce Aromatica
Simpson M7 Manchurian
Rex Ambassador (2)
Feather Hi-stainless
SV Felce Aromatica asl

470F5214-9F02-4F83-9465-94EF6B1A54BC.jpeg

A superb two pass face stroker this morning. The Rex razor handles the Feather blade as well as the Feather AS-D1, but the shave is a little closer, and this on a setting of 2 of 6. Great stuff.

Sat 11th SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Gillette British RFB 2nd use
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum 1st
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers
Clubman Whisky Woods
Amazing lather! Invigorating scent of citrusy oranges during loading from soap puck and during lathering in the bowl. Initially not much happening but slowly adding water and it explodes into a creamily thick & slick lather. Pure pleasure to paint it on with the brush.
Shave with razor and blade pairing abit suspect initially. Felt like blade chattering and not so smooth becomes better as the shave progress. 3pass WTG, XTG & XTG/ATG enough. Some weepers again. Hmmmm...
Ice water rinse followed by special Thayers Cucumber mix then later Whisky Woods. BBS 95% results with rating of 9/10
20200411_102659.jpg
20200411_110140.jpg

Back
Top Bottom