❌ Executive Shaving Stops Selling Badger Brushes ❌

Status
Not open for further replies.
As from 22nd November 2019, The Executive Shaving Company will no longer be purchasing badger hair shaving brushes. Read more: http://bit.ly/BadgerHairShavingBrushesStatement

View attachment 49329

Read more: http://bit.ly/BadgerHairShavingBrushesStatement
Good to know. Ethical issues notwithstanding, I find synthetics far more consistent in lathering and performance than bristle. Also; no soaking, ages to dry and negligible bristle loss. Just my observations; mileage etc.

Of course you need to treat animals humanely. However this UK organisation mentioned, is extreme and not everything they say should be believed. They tried to stop a retailer not to sell woollen closes as shearing wool caused distress to sheep. Someone also lectured a blind person about his dog, saying it should be freed and left to run around the countryside.
The material issued by them needs to be treated warily.

I made a switch to synthetic brushes after using a badger for around 5 years, not for ethical reasons, but I found that synthetic brushes produced a better lather for me, resulting in a better shave. I also found them cheaper than badger but I guess that doesn't make a difference to me as I seem to have built up a small collection of brushes since my initial purchase of the Razorock Big Bruce brush (curse you, Aliexpress!).

A gruesome report. I was always given to understand that hair used in brushes was sourced as a by-product of the food industry, in countres where badgers were part of the diet.
We were also told this for many years by the Chinese manufactures of badger hair shaving brushes. The PETA investigation has proved beyond a doubt that this is not the case. A quick search on the internet for the search term ‘badger killing for shaving brushes' will reveal various horrific videos showing the appalling way these animals are bred and killed

Reactions: Bob
I must confess to being somewhat naive when i first got a badger brush, now being more educated i would never buy another and i fully support this move and hope other retailers follow suit.
We were the same Bazz. We were told for many years by the Chinese manufactures of badger hair shaving brushes. The PETA investigation has proved beyond a doubt that this is not the case. A quick search on the internet for the search term ‘badger killing for shaving brushes' will reveal various horrific videos showing the appalling way these animals are bred and killed

Of course you need to treat animals humanely. However this UK organisation mentioned, is extreme and not everything they say should be believed. They tried to stop a retailer not to sell woollen closes as shearing wool caused distress to sheep. Someone also lectured a blind person about his dog, saying it should be freed and left to run around the countryside.
The material issued by them needs to be treated warily.
You may have a point there Roy but a quick search on the internet for the search term ‘badger killing for shaving brushes' will reveal various horrific videos showing the appalling way these animals are bred and killed.

Everyone must remember the footage of the clubbing of baby seal cubs filmed apparently filmed by Greenpeace only to be discovered some years later that it was Greepeace who were on the beach doing the clubbing themselves whilst being filmed by other Greanpeace members, it just goes to show you can't believe everything you see or read.
PETA are well known for this kind of stunt for their own political ends.
Don't take everything on face value. P.

I made a switch to synthetic brushes after using a badger for around 5 years, not for ethical reasons, but I found that synthetic brushes produced a better lather for me, resulting in a better shave. I also found them cheaper than badger but I guess that doesn't make a difference to me as I seem to have built up a small collection of brushes since my initial purchase of the Razorock Big Bruce brush (curse you, Aliexpress!).
These days the new generation synthetic fibres outperform badger in every single way and yes, they're far cheaper too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom