Hello Steve Bowels. Correct I pretty much take around 1 and a half hours to shave. In my opinion it is pretty long as well but would do it if it gets rid of my chin irritation and a smooth shave. Obviously it’s not the case.So you pretty much have a two-hour shave routine. Simplify. Prep your face in the shower, splash a bit of warm water on your face prior to building your lather; lather your face like a normal person. The 34c is a great choice. I've never used the Tech or the fat tip. I know the Voskhod blades can be a bit tricky sometimes. Here's a thought, how often do you shave? It might be that the area around your chin might need more than 24 hours to recover from having a razor blade drug across it. When I first started with DE razors, I needed 36-48 hours to get a DFS without irritation around the chin and the corners of my mouth. See how it goes.
Sheesh. So much work. and far too much work to the skin!Hello guys thank you so much for your reply’s.
Right now I’m using a Gillette Tech razor, Tabac Soap, and razorock synthetic brush. I don’t think it’s a reaction of the soap because I have been using this soap with the voskhod blade that was the only time it went well for me. I think the lather is quite good. I’ve worked really hard to get a slick lather practicing on my hand on Off shaving days. I also shave with cold water because I felt with the voskhod that it helped with the irritation on the chin. I also have a merkur 34c and a fatip grande. I bough those razors from other suggestions. I do have other soaps besides tabac. I just wanted to keep with one soap and not change that much just to see which blade would be good for my skin. I can chance to whatever other soap you guys recommend.
Here is my routine:
• Put Brush in Mug with WARM Water
• Shower with WARM water
• Wash face with warm water in shower
• Don’t towel dry the face after shower
• Start Preparing your Lather (I use “another cut above vídeo lather)
• After the shower soak face with cold water
• Apply remaining's of lather soap on face with hands and gently scrub face with hands
• Apply REALLY COLD TOWEL on face and leave on for 1-2 min
o Take off lather with towel
• Apply Pre-shave Cream PREP Original
• Start 1st pass lather
• Take out brush from mug and shake water off to leave it damp but not dry
• Start swirling lightly the bristles on the dry soap for around 30 seconds to gather enough soap where it is sticky and pasty.
o NOTE: You NEED to dip the tip of the bristles in water once or twice depending on soap and brush while swirling
• Start lathering face BY PAINTING IT
• Dip tip of bristles and paint again
• NEED TO KEEP DOING THIS UNTIL LATHER IS BASICALLY WATERY AND YOU CAN SEE THROUGH LATHER YOUR FACE
• Start swirling your face and neck
o NOTE: You probably need to dip the tip of the bristles once or twice depending on soap and brush
• When soap looks like Yogurt and NOT Whip Cream, and it feels slick, then its ready to go.
• Rinse Face with Warm Water
• Rinse Face with Cold Water
• Apply Alum Block with Cold Water
• After 1 min Rinse Off Alum block with Cold Water
• Dry Face gently with towel
• Apply The Cool Fox to help with irritation
• Apply Moisturize Balm Nivea sensitive skin
• Keep moisturizing between shaves as needed
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk