straight razor

1. nacikanar

Active Appealing Set Offer On Amazon UK

Good evening, everyone. Just for your info; a 4-piece shaving set for only 5.99 on Amazon UK: Traditional Shaving Kit of 100 Dorco Single Edge Razor Blades, The Shave Factory Straight Razor, Arko Shaving Soap Stick with Free 20 Styptic Matches Gift - Smooth Shaves and Quick Relief Combo...
  2. P

Advice on getting started

Hi all, I am new to shaving with straight razors, so new that I don't yet have one and am looking for advice on how to get off the ground. In looking for a straight razor I was on th trail of an entry level DOVO or a Broker Classic but then read some bits and pieces about the entry grade...
  3. ischiapp

Böker Manufaktur Solingen

Surfing the Boker (Germany) site, I've falled in love with The Celebrated design. Specially with the model Mother of Pearl 2.0 ... despite It's not MOP. But I can't find experience on. Can you share?
  4. GaryH

Best Vintage / Modern Straight Razors 2020

Just throwing this out there as a point of discussion and reference for comment. In your opinion, which Vintage / Modern straight razor by manufacturer and model would you put in your top 3 list for 2020?
  5. GaryH

Which would you buy?

Hi all, I am about to pull the trigger on a 6/8 from The Invisible Edge. The first I am considering is a RALF AUST 6/8 RAZOR WITH AFRICAN BLACKWOOD SCALES https://www.theinvisibleedge.co.uk/straight-razors/sixth-eighths-straight-razors/ralf-aust-68-razor-with-african-blackwood-scales The second...
  6. Bixmox

Budget for beginning with straight razor shaving?

Hi! I recently bought a shavette as a starting ground for straight razor (because it was very cheap) and I am loving it. I am pretty much ready to buy a proper straight razor but when I used the beginner guide and looked on Norwegian sites for everything I needed it told me it was gonna cost...
  7. J

History Question: Popularity of Safety Razors During the 1920s

Hello, all. So I've been trying to find a bit more information on the popularity of safety razors in the UK during the early 1920s. Thus far, I've learned that safety razors were very popular in the US, chiefly due to Gillette's army kits during WWI. But I've had a harder time finding...
  8. Blademonkey

Thiers 5/8 shave ready razor

For sale, no offers or trades please. Shave ready French 5/8 razor, will sell for £50.00 which includes recorded delivery to your UK address. Paul.
  9. K

**FINAL REDUCTION** Feather Artist Club DX Wood folding razor

Selling my absolutely flawless and beautiful Feather Artist Club DX (ACD-RW) folding style dark wood razor. The razor has only had very light use (4 months old, bought through a official Danish reseller), and comes with original box. Will also add a nice leather pouch. Only selling because I...
  10. Guy1307

For Sale Parker Japanese straight razor

Up for sale is a shave ready Parker Japanese straight razor. Condition please see photos. Bought it in July but did not use it yet. Looking for 40£ delivered from Belgium. Prefer payment by paypal F&F , If G&S buyer pays fees. Will post elswhere. Thank you.
  11. N

Professional sharpening service?

Hello all, I want to get in the world of straight razor shaving. Never done it before, but the usual Gillete, Mach3, etc are useless against my super thick beard hairs (ironically, I'm bald, sigh). Anyway, I bought a cheap razor online to start learning (maybe I should have invested in a...
  12. Neilisin

For Sale Montserrat 54 Straight

Hey all, apologies i've been a little dormant, I've been travelling for the past 2 years through the Americas with my Dovo. I've recently relocated to Barcelona. I plan to put my feelers out for some Filarmonica hardware to send back to the UK for those interested. This time around I have up...
  13. Inhaki

For Sale Straight razors

- Toyo 663 Scheön Burg. Size 6/8. Japanese false frameback straight razor that makes it very soft. A very nice blade type, rare to find and that makes the razor very soft. Swedish steel sharpened with Japanese natural stones. € 165 - Iberia 14. Size 8/8. Old Spanish brand. It is...
  14. S

Advice on purchasing authentic straight razor

Hey all, I'm looking for some experts out there who may be able to help me a choose an 'old school' straight razor. I have seen a few on this website that I like quite a lot! https://www.trendhim.co.uk/shaving/straight-razors-c.html The titan red oak is popping out at me! Anyone purchased any...
  15. Frenky

Whippeddog Strop

Hello, I am new to shaving with a straight. I have received my straight razor ( a Peter J. Michaels Merit) and have a kamisori on it's way. Just need a strop now.I wanted to have a cheap strop to start with as I certainly won't know how to use it properly yet. Also because I don't know if...
Back
Top Bottom