slant

1. J

Schrägschnitt vs Torsionshobel

I was looking up some history about slant razors and found something interesting on a German shaving forum. I had never really thought about this but it makes sense so I thought why not share it here. A slant razor or ‘Schrägschnitt’ in German, is nothing more than a razor with a tilted head. A...
  2. P

Semi or Full Slant

So, as COVID-19 keeps me sheltering in the wonders of my own home, I get to wondering: do I want a new DE razor. I was looking at a butterfly opener, but they are apparently a bit tricky to get under the nose (but I've never tried). Which puts me off, as that's always my trouble area. So then...
  3. S

Tips for using a slant as a newbie

Hi all, I've recently gotten into DE Shaving. I started with a Rimei 2003 and a Yingjili Tech. The Rimei gave a smooth finish but was a little rough during the process. The tech was a lot milder but found it difficult to get BBS. I decided to buy a Merkur 37c because I figured I would...
  4. Jan Martin

Merkur blade

Just finished the 6th shave with my last Merkur blade. There's a strange consensus amongst many shavers that it's a inferior or even a crappy blade. I wonder if they ever even tried it or are they merely contributing to the echo room I find the Merkur blade sharp and smooth. It provided a very...
  5. michaelg

**SOLD** Various Items

1 x MÜHLE 21 H 220 RYTMO Black Fibre Shaving Brush - £12 delivered **SOLD** R41 head only (later model) - £10 delivered **SOLD** Ikon X3 Slant - head only - £20 £14 delivered **SOLD** Ikon Bulldog Handle for the above - £20 delivered (£35 delivered if bought with the head...
  6. B

For Sale **FURTHER REDUCTION** IKON X3 (Head Only)

I am separating out this sale. I am selling the iKon X3 slant razor (head only). It is in very good condition, minus some usual wear and tear scratches. Asking for £1816 14 inclusive of shipping and any PayPal fees. [/IMG]
  7. Dai Boy

Anyone recommend a slant?

Hi guys, I am after some advice, I have decided it's time for me to try a slant razor but I'm not sure which one to get and where to get it from. I don't want to spend too much, up to £30 say and I have quite a tough beard so I'd be leaning toward aggressive rather than mild. What do you...
  8. Leisureguy

If you've used a slant, what are your observations?

The Iron Law of Shaving: Nothing in shaving works for everyone. It seems evident that's because we ourselves vary so much. ("The fault ... is not in our stars, but in ourselves.") Take razor blades, for example. Any given brand will work very well for some and very poorly for others. (That, of...
  9. Ferrum

Ikon Shavecraft X3 Slant head

As a big fan of slant razors (and pretty much anything else, but that's another story), and forever searching for that elusive "best", I thought I'd get one of these. The head is, like the 102, a matt aluminium casting, and looks clean and precise. Oddly, my other Shavecraft aluminium heads...
  10. Frenky

*Reduction*Shaving soaps, Blades, Brush

Hello all, Summer has come and so the time to clear out my cupboard has come too. The following objects need to have a new home: - Ikon B1 Slant. SOLD The razor is in a very good condition. The coating has no chip and the razor has been cleaned and sanitized. You can have the head only or...
  11. wintoid

Blade of slants

In general, I have never assigned much importance to blades. Sure there are minor differences, but apart from Feathers, they all perform approximately the same for me. Until recently. I've had a good experience with Polsilver SIs, so with shaving.ie selling some old-stock brown box Polsilver...
Back
Top Bottom