review

1. C

In praise of Lea shaving soap

Just spending some time in Spain to catch some winter sun. I was in the local supermarket (Mercadona) and picked a stick of Lea shaving soap for €1. 30. I've been here 6 weeks now and shaved every 2nd day. I have only used the Lea stick because, frankly, i haven't wanted to use anything else...
  2. K

German DE Blades

I seem to be doing well with German DE blades in general, so I decided to test all the blades that I could get my hands on. All blades are generally available in EU/UK from various webshops. I bought most of my blades from The Razor Blades Club, except Souplex (Hans Baier) and Personna, that I...
  3. R

Philips Series 5000 Wet & Dry Men's Electric Shaver.

Hey i made a review over on my website feel free to give me any feedback through twitter, this can be found on the website.https://reviewthings.wixsite.com/reviewthings
  4. nick_s

Review - BBA Finishing Pomade

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? BBA Finishing Pomade - a styling product for your barnet. APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION: BBA Finishing Pomade is easy to apply. Take a small amount and apply to your lightly dampened hair and style, or apply to styled hair gently to provide hold. SCENT...
  5. nick_s

Review - BBA Face Moisturiser

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? BBA Face Moisturiser - it's a moisturiser for your face! APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION: BBA Face Moisturiser - dispense small amount to finger tips and massage into the face as required. SCENT: The scent of the Face Moisturiser was quite potent at first...
  6. nick_s

Review - BBA Shave Butter

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? BBA Shave Butter - a brushless cream, for use as a preshave item or standalone shave media. APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION: BBA Shave Butter is easy to apply, simply dispense from the tube to your finger tips, and work into the beard area ready to shave...
  7. nick_s

Review - BBA Shave Oil

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? BBA Shave Oil - a versatile oil for shaving, beard and skin care. APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION: BBA Shave Oil is not a one trick pony, and can be used as a pre-shave oil, a dedicated shave oil, a beard oil and finally a general skin serum. SCENT: This...
  8. nick_s

Review - BBA Face Wash

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? BBA Face Wash APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION: BBA Face Wash can be used in different ways: Scrub (apply neat, or with a tiny amount of water) Face Wash (use with a little water to foam lightly) Masque (use neat to draw out impurities) SCENT: The scent is...
  9. nick_s

Review - BBA Post Shave Balm

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? BBA Post Shave Balm - A balm for applying after a shave. APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION: It's a very easy to apply product. Simply dispense one pump into the finger tips and gently massage into shaved area. SCENT: The scent of the BBA Post Shave Balm is...
  10. nick_s

Review - BBA Shave Cream

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? BBA Shave Cream - It's a lathering shave cream. APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION: Being a lathering cream, it's a case of either transfer some cream to a bowl, add a little water as you swirl the brush until you get a good lather, or apply cream to a brush...
  11. chrishavehq

A call to all Wet shavers here with a youtube account I require some varied know-how and experience

Hello everybody, I have just filmed a beginners video for youtube to try and debunk most of the terminology that people new to wet shaving would not understand (E.G- BBS, XTG, Blooming etc.) at the end of the video I call on other more seasoned shavers to add comments on anything they think...
  12. James_1872

Taylors Shave shop cream

iv just tried a sample of TOBS shave shop and its scent is very subtle but as the more you lather and apply it you get more and more hints of it. Very good performer great slickness and doesnt dissipate in between lathers. This is my first ever use of TOBS shave cream since starting this way of...
  13. nick_s

REVIEW - Braun 7865cc Electric Razor

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? Braun 7 Series Electric Razor - 7865cc It's an electric razor, with built in trimmer, and a docking station that acts as both a charging unit AND a razor head cleaner. Provided to me for purpose of review by Braun via BzzAgent, free of charge. METHOD AND...
  14. nick_s

REVIEW - Phoenix & Beau 'Denali'

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? Phoenix & Beau Denali Shaving Soap - It's a cold, cold soap. APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION: Well, given previous history with cold soaps, I prepared myself for a thin, runny, unstable lather. What I got was normal P&B lather, using the exact same methods...
  15. nick_s

Review - Phoenix & Beau Albion

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? Phoenix & Beau Albion Shaving Soap - It's soap that enables you to shave! APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION: I've been testing Albion over the last 5 days to ensure I get to know it's foibles and idiosyncrasies. For the first two days I bowl lathered, and the...
  16. nick_s

REVIEW - Cadman Brushes

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? Cadman Brushes - Custom L7 Handle in Earth with 26mm Silvertip Badger Knots THE BACK STORY: OK, I remember when I first started using brushes, I knew no different, I had my Wilkinson Sword boar brush that cost less than lunch normally would. All was well with...
  17. nick_s

REVIEW - Pall Mall Barbers Home Shaving System

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? Pall Mall Barbers 3 Step Shaving System (Pre Shave Scrub, Shave Cream, Post Shave Balm) Like Ronseal, these items do exactly what they say on the tin (well, pump bottle in this instance). APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION: SCENT: Scent is a very...
  18. nick_s

REVIEW - Phoenix & Beau 'Spitfire'

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? Phoenix & Beau Spitfire - A tallow shaving soap with the apparent ability to bend time. APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION: SCENT: When the soap was announced, I almost anticipated the profile as it was delivered. I expected leather, and tobacco, but not so...
  19. nick_s

REVIEW - Phoenix & Beau 'Obsidian' (TSR Limited Edition)

WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? Phoenix & Beau 'TSR Limited Edition' Obsidian - It is a shave soap that invokes ancient Gods... APPLICATION METHOD AND DESCRIPTION: As I've come to find with all Phoenix & Beau soaps, it is a moderately soft soap, which means it loads very easily, so a...
  20. nick_s

REVIEW - RazoRock Bazooka DE Razor

http://sorrellshaves.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/review-razorock-bazooka-double-edged.html WHAT IS IT, AND WHAT DOES IT DO? RazoRock Bazooka DE Razor It is a double edged safety razor, that shaves your boat race. DESCRIPTION: Bazooka by name, Bazooka by nature. You can understand why it...
Back
Top Bottom