New here

While "mild" looks like to be the best choice to start with, I do experience problems as not feeling the blade, I tend to put too much pressure on the razor. I am currently testing shims (2 blades) giving a bit more of exposure and so some aggressiveness. I do feel better feeling the blade on my skin and got better shave with less irritation, especially on the neck.
Is it that I just prefer more agressive razors?

Last edited:
Everyone has different skin sensitivity, hair thickness etc so I think you need to experiment a little to find the formula which works best.

Blades can change the feel of a razor. There are lots to choose from. These cover the range from mild to sharp, in order: Derby Extra, Astra Superior Platinum, Astra Superior Stainless, Gillette Nacet.

If you like stainless steel razors take a look at Karve. They make a wide range of plates from mild to aggressive. That makes it easier to experiment to find the one which suits you best.

Skin stretching might help a little with neck irritation. Throw your head back and to the side. Maybe pull down with your free hand. Light touch. If the blade seems to tug at all definitely try something sharper.

Back
Top Bottom