Boots shaving soap and sticks?

I have a Boots ceramic shaving soap pot that I would really like to put some actual Boots shaving soap in (hard soap, not cream). I'm aware that they don't produce a shaving soap in pots anymore, but they do sell shaving sticks, so I was considering buying 2 or 3 of these and shaving them down to mould them into the pot.
My question is: does anyone out there use (or have used) a Boots shaving stick? If so, are they any good?

Your response may determine the fate of a classic among ceramic shaving pots...so think on before you respond...this could not be more serious!!!!:rolleyes:
:)(y)

I haven't used boots , but have 2 no La Toja shaving sticks and love them for a quick shave in morning before work . Apply straight to the face and lather up . Not sure why you feel you need to use them from a bowl other than to stop you going Greek on us

I haven't used boots , but have 2 no La Toja shaving sticks and love them for a quick shave in morning before work . Apply straight to the face and lather up . Not sure why you feel you need to use them from a bowl other than to stop you going Greek on us
It's not that I 'need' to use them from a bowl...it's just that I have this vintage Boots shaving soap bowl that won't feel fulfilled in life if it isn't used for its original purpose, and what better shaving soap to put in it than Boots's own brand?. If it only comes in a stick and it's actually good, then that's what I'll put in the bowl. :)

I have used and still have one of their sticks. It shaves fine, but the smell is so repulsively synthetic and so bizarre that one can't help but be drawn to it for that singular trait. It smells like an industrial grade urinal puck!!

I have used and still have one of their sticks. It shaves fine, but the smell is so repulsively synthetic and so bizarre that one can't help but be drawn to it for that singular trait. It smells like an industrial grade urinal puck!!
So are you drawn to it, or do you just like going around urinals and smelling disinfectant pucks? ;):) ...I can't get my head around you saying it smells like a urinal puck but you can't help but be drawn by it! Now I'm so intrigued I think I'll have to buy some of these sticks to experience it for myself.

Last edited:
So are you drawn to it, or do you just like going around urinals and smelling disinfectant pucks? ;):) ...I can't get my head around you saying it smells like a urinal puck but you can't help but be drawn by it! Now I'm so intrigued I think I'll have to buy some of these sticks to experience it for myself.

Just wait until you smell it. :giggle:

@Greybeard

Would you like me to send you some?

This was the first shaving soap I bought along with my first DE, back in early August. Then I've discovered Arko and Tabac so the Boots stick has been sitting on the shelf.

If you like I'll cut a few disks off the unused bottom end and stick them in an envelope so you can try it out.

The Boots shaving stick is hands down the worst shaving soap for allergy I have ever used.

It made my face go on fire for hours after using it. I've had allergic reactions to many other soaps but the Boots one was the one that was the most painful.

I'd still recommend getting one as the plastic holder can be repurposed for other shaving sticks like Palmolive etc.

@Greybeard

Would you like me to send you some?

This was the first shaving soap I bought along with my first DE, back in early August. Then I've discovered Arko and Tabac so the Boots stick has been sitting on the shelf.

If you like I'll cut a few disks off the unused bottom end and stick them in an envelope so you can try it out.
Nice offer mate, but I might just pop into my local Boots and give it a whiff before trying it...it's almost as cheap for me to buy a stick as for you to post a sample!:)

I have it at the back of my mind that Boots shaving soap back in the day (for those ceramic pots, of which I have one ... with original soap, so ner, ner!) was actually Yardley. It might be "easier" to find a vintage puck of Yardley.
Mmmm....well, while I was searching the forum for threads with info about Boots shaving soap I did discover your post about your Boots pot and soap (dammit!). For a short while I did go into a retreat and to compose myself and shed my darkest thoughts (the ones about tracking you down and robbing your Boots gear of you). How did I do this, you might ask? Simple...I just consoled myself with the knowledge that I actually own two different ceramic Boots soap pots (nah, na-nah, na-nah, nah!). Your information about Yardley will be followed up immediately and if I'm successful, I might even forgive your arrogance! :)

good , very good for the money infact. watch t,bay & look for the ones english lavender stamped the best of the lot ,the later ones in the plastic pot is good but a level or 2 below the english lavender one,s , they did a shaving stick in english lavender as well comes in decent plastic/celluloid case, do not see as many sticks as the bowl on t,bay lately

The Boots shaving stick is hands down the worst shaving soap for allergy I have ever used.

It made my face go on fire for hours after using it. I've had allergic reactions to many other soaps but the Boots one was the one that was the most painful...

BMf4Xp6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom