SOTD : Saturday 8st - Friday 14th August 2020.

10/08/20
Pre: Whickams pre shave soap face wash
Brush: JR 291 Tuxedo Knot
Soap: Stirling Soap co. Stirling Spice
Razor: PILS 101 NL Hi Polished
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Post shave: Cold water splash, Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: Old Spice Original
Wk33  (4).jpg
A very nice shave today with "Thor's Hammer", everything working in harmony.
The Jayaruh brush has lots of backbone for a synth and it made short work of a lovely lather in the little copper Captains Choice bowl.
3 passes for a BBS, comfortable finish.
The old spice a perfect match for the soap.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Monday AM 2020-08-10
National Smithsonian Day
f2bs4rk.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Houbigant Fougère Royale shaving soap (vintage)
LASSC BBS-1/UFO Colibri (L-Twist)
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (6)
Houbigant Fougère Royale aftershave (vintage)
8HPD3Gv.jpg

Monday 10th August 2020

Takeshi Kovacs (The Last Envoy) vs Ed - Round 2

• ES Fuar Ach Snog Preshave
  • TOBS Tobacco Leaf Cream
  • Yaqi Synth Tuxedo Knot Brush
  • Muhle Lathering cup
  • Rex Envoy
  • Personna Platinum
  • Alum block (yowza)
  • Fine Snakebite
  • Myrsol Emulsion
Another shave with the Envoy on two day's growth.
Went well on the cheeks, chin and moustache. Getting the blade angle better.
Not quite so good on the neck, two weepers and a moderate amount of irritation (mr alum made that clear)

The Envoy certainly isn't as forgiving as the R106, which I could do whatever I liked with since day one and not get a weeper or irritation at all.

Next on the agenda for improvement - Mapping growth directions on the neck. My neck is an absolute disaster of different hair growth directions. I was told as much by the barber who did my hot towel shave for my wedding. I'm aware of the directions for a few areas, but I need to understand it all and modify accordingly. Some areas are accidentally getting shaved against the grain on their first pass, this isn't helping.

Getting better at lathering in that little muhle cup, not battering the handle of my brush off the sides of it quite so much and being more gentle and deliberate in the movement.

Keep moving forward!

Attachments

• 1jpg.jpg
    1jpg.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 14
The theme was 'Platinum'

IMG_20200811_000143.jpg

OMG!

Having gone AWOL for some time on my SOTD's because I am both busy and crap I utterly forgot today was my 20th anniversary shave. This is 20 years for the second time we have been married to each other. Our 'down the aisle' song for our last wedding

Not a platinum razor - RazoRock Hawk V3 on an A plate
Sharper than me - Feather Super Professional
Brush strokes - RazoRock 400
Cream strokes - Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Saying it all in a scent - Blenheim Bouquet

After a whole week of the 'on loan' A plate I must say I am very impressed and also very thankful to @mpf9ret for this opportunity. This is my last time on the A plate as it must go back to its proper owner. I am also thankful that I see me having to purchase one myself in the very near future. These enabling people. Even with the Feather on its last legs it still manages to squeeze one last wonderful performance and my oh my this was one very happy bunny shave.

I also happen to be in lazy mode at the end of a long day and a lazy lather was on the books. To be honest if someone was to ask me the best soap/cream in my little shaving world it would be a toss up between two creams. Penhaligon's Blenheim or Murdock's Avalon. There are soaps which come close but for me these two creams have the edge. And I am a lazy sod as John Lydon sang.

A most bodacious and wonderful shave with a matching scent to add to this evening's shower room wash bowl antics

I think I am falling for you
That is okay. I pushed

To be honest I have enjoyed every year of the past 20. And all those before.............except the divorce part. But as someone tapped me on the shoulder and whispered in my ear at the second wedding, 'Hey Chris. If this isn't illegal then it fucking well should be'

You have seen this before but rather a fitting song for this special day

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom