Do you agree with this statement...?

I'm a subscriber to the Executive Shaving newsletter and was intrigued by this week's email which included the following:

I've never tried a Feather razor so I can't say either way, but I would be interested in others' opinions on this. What do you think is the best DE safety razor that money can buy?

I love YMMV - for me that is a core element of wet shaving; if I was cynical, I may suggest that a vender pushing a razor as the best DE that money can buy - may be attempting to shft stock.

The Feather ADS2 is a fine razor, I'm lucky to have one - is it the nest that money can buy? For me, no - however for others possibly yes. As ever YMMV.

All the best,

Chris

Best according to who? A company who happens to sell them?
Yep, the statement is a crass one if you happen to be selling them, a low blow!
Even as an owner of one I could only say IMO it's one of the best DE razors money can buy, along with the Karve and the Pils razor! :) P.

Last edited:
And the Hone... and the Ikon B1... and etc etc etc
Would not mind trying a Hone, however, I believe the Ikon would be a step too far for me. I dont need that much efficiency.
The Dart, I found, was probably the best looking razor I owned, saying that after all kinds of trials and blades I could not get a shave from it, always felt like I could be having a cheek sarnie for breakfast. Far too efficient. Moved on.
The AS-D2 was a lovely shaver although I found it soulless.
Moved on.
T

You missed out the Mayatt Daymark Franken-razor.
New meets old. I will have to dig it out. This bugger got me into vintage stuff. Saying that I have probably 20 Vintage razors costing the same as 2 modern, I do like a vintage shaver, especially an SE.
Go figure
T
I loved my vintage SE razors and the great shaves I used to get from them, 1912s 1914s ,Streamlines, MMOCs, ect but it all changed that fateful day I brought the Paradigm SE and found the shave was that good I never touched another SE again, not even my modern ones, Two AC Cobra's, the Classic and the King, Two General's, one brass and one SS, a Blackland Vector, a Blackland Sabre with both L1 and L2,plates, an ATT Gem1 and all of them IMO couldn't touch the Paradigm SE loaded with a Proline blade and I sold all of them because there is no point in having razors if you don't use them. So now I'm down to one SE ,a hand full of DE's and a hand full of straight razors, how one razor can shake things up! :) P.

Last edited:
I know it's not because on another forum there are 420, yes four hundred & twenty, pages of of Wolfman razor worshippers in a veritable "orgy" of razor cultism. Oh, and that's only for one Wolfman model!! Grown men with more money than brains who have turned shaving into a perverted fetish!! If they ever have a convention I swear they will all strip down, smear lather on one another and shave away like drunken base Romans!! I can't even read more than a page or two without feeling a need to shower!! :sick: Therefore it must be the best!! ;) :rolleyes:

I have an AS-D2 and it's the only DE I use. I've no idea if it's the best, it's like saying the Porsch 911 is the best car ever made whereas a Volvo estate might be someone else's perfect car. I knew after my first shave with the Feather it would be the razor for me, the looks, balance, build quality were everything I was looking for and I'll never look for DE razor again. It's a mild razor which pairs well with sharp blades, Personna Lab Blues are my blade of choice.

For me the AS D2 is the absolute dogs and paired with the correct blades is the perfect razor but of course there are many different excellent razors out there I loved the one blade genesis V2 it gave equally the perfect shave every time but I sold it on as the feather won for me as it makes easy work of shaping up not that the Oneblade couldn't be used but easier to get a sharper look with the DE

Uld
60 quid was a decent price for the excellent condition it was in. Seen green scummy y humblegrungy ones on the bay sell for 70-80 quid. Boxed near mint condition slim was a decent price too.
I just couldn't get on with the FB. Got 2 slims, one a birthdate H3. They aren't aesthetically perfect, but in my humble, best everyday shavers. My razor was 58 today.... So was I (y);)

Back
Top Bottom