SOTD : Saturday 16th November - Friday 22nd November 2019.

F7FE395B-DB02-4F90-952A-A9C88822B6F4.jpeg
Great face and dome shave today with my Karve.
I feel clean and refreshed. Used the same image from some weeks ago since the components were the same, except that the Cube in the photo is now half the size pictured.

SOTD 11/20/19

RAZOR: Karve D-OC Plate
BLADE: Suneko SS
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by face and dome scrub with PAA's Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: WCS Best Badger
CREAM: Palmolive
POSTSHAVE: Cold water rinse followed by Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel

Wednesday AM 2019-11-20

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Elite Razor Persian Jar Jade Manchurian White (26/50)
Brooks Brothers shaving soap (vintage)
Timeless Polished Titanium 0.95 SB/UFO Little Titan
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' (16)
Armani Acqua di Giò Profumo aftershave
bHEVunK.jpg

SOTD : 21st November 2019.

g.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Mug Lather.

Cream: Palmolive Classic.

Blade: Personna ~ Comfort Coated Lab Blue. (2)

Razor: Parker 89R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~Attraction Totale.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave.

The Palmolive classic shave cream is such a wonderful performer and creates a rich protective lather with only a small amount giving a great lasting classic fragrance throughout the shave making my early morning shave a pleasurable experience.

The Personna C C lab blue blades have performed wonderfully with each shave, a smooth very forgiving yet efficient blade, that i will be using more often in my future shaves.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pickups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Prep: Bath and face washed with simple soap
Pre Shave: Proraso white
Soap: Proraso Green, bowl lathered in Q-Shave scuttle -filled from the kettle.
Brush: Omega 49 boar
Razor/Blade: Merkur 37c slant/ Voskhod (1)
Aftershave: Proraso green
Balm: Nivea sensitive

Lots of hot lather produced in the scuttle giving a very smooth and luxurious 3 pass BBS shave with no irritation.

And for yesterday evening my themed shave was 'Craving a carve from a Karve'

IMG_20191120_204505.jpg

Carving tool - Brass Karve SB with a 'C' plate
Cutting edge technology - Polsilver Lodz
Brushing it under the carpet - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Something to brush - ADP

So this shave was more about a virgin date with the new Karve. Hence some tried and trusted supporting acts were on the books. The day the ADP makes an entry on the 'Finished' thread I shall cry. The Cadman is what it is, the best brush I have met to date.

The Karve. A very nicely machined bit of kit with excellent tolerances and a quality feel about it. I don't even seem to mind the subdued matt finish. I ordered it with the 90mm handle option and a C plate as I had no idea how the different plates rate on the nasty scale. The handle is nice and grippy with the kind of length I like and again nicely finished.

The shaving angle was easily found and nothing quirky here. As it turned out the Lodz was a great match and to be honest I haven't really found a razor to date it doesn't work with. Another 30 on order.

In use a really smooth act although to be honest the C plate is too mild for my liking. Saying that the end result was excellent and three full passes to a Heavenly result and here I am the following day still feeling free of facial fluff.

One excellent razor overall and for what it cost it is in to Game Changer territory. It would be splitting hairs between the two but I think the Karve has the edge. Another great razor which I would say is a natural step up the scale from say an R89 and a nice 'what next?' entrant. At £85 quite a bargain.

Gets my (y) and delivered one spankingly great shave

Time for something unusually Japanese.

Last edited:
21 November

Martin de Candre Original
Maseto 30mm 2 band finest
Razorock Game Changer .84-P
Feather Hi-stainless
Clinique post-shave soother
Dior Sauvage

067419B2-73D0-4BDF-8677-24EF525BB64C.jpeg

An excellent shave this morning with some top class products. The feather blade on its second outing felt much kinder and produced a smooth result. A great start to the day.

Back
Top Bottom