SOTD : Saturday 18th - Friday 24th May 2019

21 May

P&B Spitfire
Razorock Snowman
MÜHLE R41
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart's Balm lime oil asb

AF542637-46DB-4DD0-9CA6-37E3FCC8FF55.jpeg
The MÜHLE R41 head did its usual spectacular job, smooth in one pass, squeeky on the second. The best part of today's shave for me, was leaving just the right amount of water in the brush to create a glistening, creamy lather with the soap, without the need for any further adjustment. An almost perfect shave.

19.JPG

SR: ER1912
Blade: GEM SS
Brush: Semogue 620
Cream: Nivea Original Protect
ASL: Madeira do Oriente
Congratulations on an outstanding picture Ulysses, I love it my friend. :)

View attachment 43982
Shave Of The Day. 21st May

Prep ~ Sbower, Aleppo soap
Razor ~ Cobra Classic
Blade ~ proline
Soap ~ SV - Cubebe
Brush ~ Brad Sears - Gonzo
Post ~ Bart's - Bergamot & Vanilla
Scent ~ Guerlain - Jicky EdP

Have a great day people...P.
Now that is what I call a set up. Truly Awesome Paul.

Also may I ask. Do you find much difference between the Beta 4.3 and the old 4.2 formula?
I only have 4.2 in my humble collection of S.V and am thinking of buying the 4.3 as I adore S.V. soaps
Cheers mate.

Now that is what I call a set up. Truly Awesome Paul.

Also may I ask. Do you find much difference between the Beta 4.3 and the old 4.2 formula?
I only have 4.2 in my humble collection of S.V and am thinking of buying the 4.3 as I adore S.V. soaps
Cheers mate.
Thank you Wayne, the 4.3 is more of a hard soap compaired to the versions that went before,, not like triple milled hard but hard none the less.

21/5/19

Soap - Palmolive Cream
Brush - Yaqi Fan Tux Mysterious Space
Razor - Lord L6
Blade - Treet Platinum (1)
Post - Witch Hazel/RSC
AS - Superdrug Forest Fresh

I missed yesterday's shave down to picking some nasty cuts during Sunday's shave which hadn't healed in 24 hours. For today's shave I was testing out a Treet Platinum on the grounds to order some for a few friends who I am building up a beginners DE kit, based around a Lord L6 razor which is a razor I like a lot. The Treet Platinum in the Lord L6 was a very good and smooth match, the blade just sharp enough but not too sharp - I think it would be a good combination for a beginner.

21/05/19
Sublime Lime!

6S,Lime and Barts lime.jpg

Pre: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Yaki Moka Express 24mm
Soap: Stirling Lime
Blade: Kai Stainless Steel (5)
Razor: Rockwell 6S - R4
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added Lime and Tea Tree oils
Balm: Barts Lime Oil AS Balm
Aftershave: Barts Lime Oil AS

Postie arrived with my Barts delivery (50ml's Lime Oil AS and AS Balm plus sample packs) therefore, an early shave was in order.
A really comfy 2 pass shave with the 6S on P4. I think the Kai SS still has a couple of shaves left in it.
An easy face lather with the Yaqi Moka and Stirling soap.
2 easy passes WTG & ATG/XTG mix. The 6S is a weighty peice of kit and no pressure at all is needed, the razor just gliding over the face.
I think i prefer the daily shaves as there is not such a heavy growth and i am rewarded with nice post shave comfortable skin.
A good dollop and Spalsh of both of Barts Lime oil complimenting the soap well.
My face is BBS and rehydrated to perfection.
Have a great day all.

Tuesday 21st May
Yaqi Aluminium Tux - Arran Lochranza - GEM Damaskeene - Treet Super CS #6 - Alum - Blue Stratos A/S - L'Occitane Fleurs de Cerisier Moisturiser
MSkbu8a.jpg

Today's shave proved what a good razor the Damaskeene is. It achieved a lovely smooth result with a mature carbon steel blade on it's final outing.

@Digimonkey
I know I said I would use a new blade. I fibbed. A

21/05/19
Sublime Lime!

View attachment 43991

Pre: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Yaki Moka Express 24mm
Soap: Stirling Lime
Blade: Kai Stainless Steel (5)
Razor: Rockwell 6S - R4
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with added Lime and Tea Tree oils
Balm: Barts Lime Oil AS Balm
Aftershave: Barts Lime Oil AS

Postie arrived with my Barts delivery (50ml's Lime Oil AS and AS Balm plus sample packs) therefore, an early shave was in order.
A really comfy 2 pass shave with the 6S on P4. I think the Kai SS still has a couple of shaves left in it.
An easy face lather with the Yaqi Moka and Stirling soap.
2 easy passes WTG & ATG/XTG mix. The 6S is a weighty peice of kit and no pressure at all is needed, the razor just gliding over the face.
I think i prefer the daily shaves as there is not such a heavy growth and i am rewarded with nice post shave comfortable skin.
A good dollop and Spalsh of both of Barts Lime oil complimenting the soap well.
My face is BBS and rehydrated to perfection.
Have a great day all.
Wonderful Products from Barts , I love the Balms and Lotions.

Tuesday

Still fancied a facial freeze...

Proraso M&E pre shave
Proraso M&E soap
RazoRock Disrupter 22mm
Face lather
MÜHLE R41 w/iKon OSS handle
Feather Hi-stainless
Alum
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Proraso M&E after shave

Nice. Pairing a new Feather with the not-exactly-shy-and-retiring R41 was a gamble. It paid off...however, a third pass might have been somewhat ambitious.

F49AFBAA-C585-4F1D-9D3A-252931D6EE4F.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom