SOTD : Saturday 18th - Friday 24th May 2019

SOTD : 21st May 2019.

19.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega S10018.

Face Lather.

Soap : Nivea Men ~ Shave Stick.

Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic.(2)

Razor: Muhle R89.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Nivea Men ~ 2 Phase ASL + Creme.

Greetings,

I've mentioned in the past that the Muhle R89 is one of my favourite DE razors to date, purely because this superbly crafted non-aggressive Fräulein along with the Merkur 34C helped me to develop my shaving technique and gave me shaving confidence when i first introduced myself to traditional wet shaving.

Both razors are wonderful shavers,and have matched up excellently with every blade i paired them up with.

It's been a while since i last gave the nivea men shave stick a outing i only need a small amount rubbed directly into my stubble, then lathered up with a damp brush to create a slick protective clean fragranced lather, which leaves a nice post shave feel to my face.

A wonderfully smooth 'nivea men' themed 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men Creme.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine. ;)
;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.
:cool:

SOTD : 21st May 2019.

View attachment 43981

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Mountain Water Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega S10018.

Face Lather.

Soap : Nivea Men ~ Shave Stick.

Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic.(2)

Razor: Muhle R89.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Nivea Men ~ 2 Phase ASL + Creme.

Greetings,

I've mentioned in the past that the Muhle R89 is one of my favourite DE razors to date, purely because this superbly crafted non-aggressive Fräulein along with the Merkur 34C helped me to develop my shaving technique and gave me shaving confidence when i first introduced myself to traditional wet shaving.

Both razors are wonderful shavers,and have matched up excellently with every blade i paired them up with.

It's been a while since i last gave the nivea men shave stick a outing i only need a small amount rubbed directly into my stubble, then lathered up with a damp brush to create a slick protective clean fragranced lather, which leaves a nice post shave feel to my face.

A wonderfully smooth 'nivea men' themed 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men Creme.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine. ;)
;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.

I completely agree with your sentiments about the R89 and the 34C. I'd throw the EJ DE89 in to that category as well.

I've got to ask the obvious question though: those Nivea body shave products are actually good products for the face?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I completely agree with your sentiments about the R89 and the 34C. I'd throw the EJ DE89 in to that category as well.

I've got to ask the obvious question though: those Nivea body shave products are actually good products for the face?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
Are those Nivea body shave products actually good products for the face?..My answer to your question is yes, for a high street mass produced product they do a admirable acceptable job each and everytime i use them..However, as always YMMV,.I have 'mature rhino's arse skin type' which hasn't been affected by any shaving products i've used since turning to traditional wet shaving..

software & hardware shaving products are very subjective.PS: I agree with you on the EJ DE89 too, another superb shaver.

Last edited:
I've mentioned in the past that the Muhle R89 is one of my favourite DE razors to date, purely because this superbly crafted non-aggressive Fräulein

The R89 is an absolute iconic classic. It got me started in this game and still remains a firm favourite. My only gripe, they should have made a SS version instead of the Rocca

Tuesday 21st May

Cold Water Shave
Heno de Pravia Glycerine soap
Proraso Red Pre Shave
Proraso Red Soap
Yaqui 2 Band 24mm Badger Brush
Feather Portable Razor with a Shark SS Blade
Witch Hazel
Aloe Vera Gel
Proraso Sandalwood AS
Javanol EDP

My favourite flavour of Sandalwood.
3 passes for another Face Feeling Finish.....not particularly difficult when using a Feather Portable!

• Timeless SS OC 0.95
  • Voshkod (3)
  • Prep
  • NOM Black Fiber
  • Stirling - Spearmint Glacial
No AS or AS Balm, not even an EDT, the smell of this soap is just to nice, and i have no AS or EDT that matches the powerful Spearmint :unsure:. The Timeless and the Voshkod are not a great marriage, it happens, ill think i leave it at the blade bank, and drop in one of my carbon blades to see how they perform in this razor. A nice shave, but a lot of micro stubble still there, weird, the Timeless with the Platinum Lux never had anything left at all.
Now after around 10 shavings with the Timeless, with the first 3 a bloodbath, i handle it as easily as the Fatip Piccolo OC, never thought that day would come ;-) And now i think about the Game-changer .84P, where i had a clean BBS shave without any training, trying or whatever, damn, it is one of the nicest and friendliest razors i own, no learning curve whatsoever, i would not hesitate one second to advice the Game-changer to a pure beginner, though he is ruined for life, better shavers will be upward of 200+ Pounds :D

Tues 21st May

RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
Ever Ready 1924 / Windrose handle
Gem S/S [ 5 ]
Jaguar Prestige A/S lotion

I am rather liking this soap which has been perched a bit out of reach on the top of the Bathroom cabinet. Acquired at a bargain price as they were changing lines , it has a very light scent but produces a nice Lather. With a lather worked up the 1924 worked smoothly and efficiently to remove growth from all areas. I am very pleased at the quality of the finished Shave, attained without any problems. Though I am not good at scents I think the citrusy A/S complements the soap quite well.

IMG_0500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom