SOTD: Saturday 20th April - Friday 26 th

SOTD 20190422.

LCl8nT5.jpg

J&T® mansonia wood / OUMO Brush synth.
Jabones by Luna “Reedición especial foroafeitado” shaving soap.
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti "Taipan" handle.
Derby Premium (8).
Butterfly Florida water.

Mon 22nd April
RazoRock Plissoft 22mm
Vitos Super Red
Supply SE-V1 + V2 No3 plate
Schick -Chick [ 7 ]
Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

I can confirm that a V2 plate fits the V1 Razor well enough to turn it from a lacklustre Razor into a competent one. I got this plate direct from the manufacturer as despite my best efforts the Original was too mild to deal with my toughest growth, and I advised him so. Though it has taken me longer than usual to get used to this Razor, I regularly get smooth and comfortables Shaves , and with a bit of extra work get a nice close all round finish. I feel sure that the V2 will go down well with those Folk who have lighter growth than mine.

IMG_0451.jpg

21/4/19

Soap - Vitos Red Coco
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft Barbershop
Razor - Wilkinson Classic
Blade - Lord Classic SS
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - Nivea Cooling
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum

I imagine like many others on this forum when it comes to blades my significant collection seems to be dominated by Gillette's modern offerings (blades - largely PPI, some Indian) and as excellent as they are it can be quite nice to have an occasional alternative. I've tried a significant proportion of Lord's offerings and the Classic Stainless Steel is one of the ones I seem to prefer over the others, it works well with the plastic Wilkinson Sword Classic.

For the brush, my seldom used Yaqi Plissoft barbershop is favouring a rare extended run out. Today I used it with one my favourite soaps, Vitos Red Coco - one that I seem to always use with a boar brush. I was somewhat amazed at how much more efficient the Yaqi Plissoft is, it seemed to need a fraction of the soap my boars seem to require!

Monday AM 2019-04-22 Earth Day

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (26/54)
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-SB Titanium/Triad Polished-Satin Diamond Titanium
Personna 74 Tungsten (21)
Col. Conk Almond aftershave balm
YNrjkkZ.jpg

ENNQUzk.jpg

I do so love the little cartoons you include

22/4/19

Screenshot_20190422-203750~2.png

Pre: Pears Original Transparent
Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: Palmolive stick cut & fitted to old tub
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Razor: Merkur Futur (#2.5)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel with Lemon & Lime, Cedarwood, Arabian Musk oil
Balm: E45
A/S: Floid MV

A smooth irritation free 2 pass shave.
Face lathered from tub of cut down Palmolive sticks pressed into an old cream tub. It worked really well and no waste.
I found the Futur a little awkward to start with and nicked myself twice around the jaw line, nothing serious and the stick sorted it out. I could shave daily with both the Futur and Progress on medium settings without issue.
With the medium to efficient razors I would be better off using at weekends when I can be more deliberate and careful. I will see how it goes.
Technique, technique, technique.
E45 to moisturise and a splash of Floid.
Have a nice night all.

Back
Top Bottom