Simpson M7 Manchurian
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Professional
Ikon B1 OSS
Feather Hi-stainless
Bart's Balm Amber and Moroccan Jasmine
(and a fair bit of stypic)

View attachment 42979
It was definitely not the best of shaving experiences this morning. A wonderful lather created by the LPL and Simpson persuaded me to the reach for the Feather AC SS equipped with a brand new Feather Professional blade. All went well at first, down the cheeks, with the grain, using both right and left hand, the razor felt much sharper than with the Proguard, just as @Scotshave had said, and much less catchy as a result. Then I got to the goatee area and four cuts in quick succession hinted that I should stop. The one on the jawline was a long one and the one directly under the nose was stinging. I needed the stypic stick. Then, l finished that first pass and the second with the Ikon, which felt magical, smooth and effortless. I used my Bart's Balm to settle the stinging, and it did. The contrast between the two razors could not be more stark, I think I prefer my Feathers guarded, and for now the SS is staying in the cupboard.
The chin area and jawline can be tricky. Stick with it...

Good Friday 19th April
Birthday shave
Heno de Pravia glycerine soap pre-shave - Yaqi Aluminium Tux - Rose of Bulgaria Cream - Pal Adjustable - Schick Proline B #7 - Rose of Bulgaria A/S - Dove Nourishing Cream
lV1NMhn.jpg

Great Easter weekend to all.
Many happy returns!

19/04/19

Brush - Yaqi 26mm synthetic
Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Voskhod (2)
Soap - T&H 1806
ASB - Proraso Blue
Bowl - Giles Shaving Co.

Not a comfortable end result today. I couldn't seem to get the consistency of the lather right. I love the smell of the 1805 but it just doesn't seem to work for my skin.

Happy birthday to all the birthday boys!
25e9696d82a76872b65f9d1da11bd349.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Wonderful first outing with the Dart - they weren't kidding when they said this thing likes a steep angle, had a lot of fun trying to hit it's sweet spot as very different razor to any I have used before, but the result was a lovely shave.

View attachment 42982

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Really glad you like it.

ENxPu1p.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: APR Winterfell
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (1)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: APR Ozymandias EdP

Probably my best shave of the year so far. Five days of stubble was mowed down with ruthless efficiency by the Blackbird/Vintage Personna combo. And oh so comfortable.
Whilst I don't have too much luck with aggressive razors, the Blackbird suits my face perfectly, allowing DFS+ shaves with two passes, and BBS with a third.
All helped along by the excellent Australian Private Reserve soap. As advised by the maker, the V2 soap base is significantly thirstier than the first variant, and once you have found the sweet spot, it offers superb performance. The Winterfell scent was a nice match for the cooler autumn weather that has arrived in Perth for Easter, and also worked well with the Ozymandias EdP.

19/4/19

Soap - Proraso Green
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft Barbershop
Razor - Yaqi Cobbed Head
Blade - Sputnik
Post - Witch Hazel
Balm - RSC
AS - Benjamin's Bay Rum

Today I really couldn't be arsed to shave but felt like I should. In the mirror I seemed to look more of a hobo than usual so it was probably needed. A bit of cold water, a comb and a razor can sometimes work a bit of magic.

I hadn't used my Yaqi Plissoft brush in ages, really superb brush. I think it has a sweet spot for a synth for having enough of a backbone with the glue bump is just significant enough so the brush isn't floppy, which my Yaqi Fan Tux really is.

Back
Top Bottom