SOTD : Saturday 10th. - Friday 16th November. 2018

Prep: Face wash with Pears soap
Pre: Proraso White preshave
Soap/Cream: Arko Shave Stick face lathered
Brush: Omega Pure Bristle 10019
Razor: EJ DE89 Kelvin
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (2)
ASL: Duru Lemon

Good, uncomplicated shave this evening. Not a great deal of beard growth to remove and this is when problems can occur for me. But, no worries today. The Arko stick gives an effortless creamy, protective lather in no time at all - and the scent is growing on me. The Ladas blade is smooth on its second use and I was left with a nice smooth shave.

Have a great evening.

Cheers
Steve

Soap & after shave tabac, badger two bands shavemac, muhle R89, UFO Titan XL, personna super thin (2).
3737e99ce71686f2cad5cba512ceb7fe.jpg

Sent from the Wolf's Den

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Vintage NOS Creed Epicea (Tallow)
Razor: Pils 101NE
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (2)
Post: CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Acqua Di Parma EdC

When you lather up with a 50 year old NOS soap, you're not sure what to expect, even with an esteemed brand such as Creed. Fragrance has pretty much disappeared; a faint powdery scent with maybe a touch of spice.
I bloomed the puck, which seemed to work well in re-hydrating the surface of the soap. Loading was a little slower than normal, but surely understandable in the circumstances. The lather produced was truly excellent; very slick and comfortable on the face. Two passes for a DFS result. I always coat the remaining lather after my final pass onto my face whilst I clean up, and the lather felt very soothing during this step. Finally, a pretty good post-shave feel. I am really glad that I took the punt on this vintage soap - it certainly delivered!

Back
Top Bottom